Version 3.10 of my emulator Altirra is now out:
Thanks to everyone who provided feedback and support (or just put up with the huge thread ). 3.10 final is the same as the last test release 3.10-test36 except for version changes.
Highlights since 3.00 (http://atariage.com/...a-300-released/):
- Accuracy: Improved POKEY high-pass filter and PAL high artifacting, fixes to serial emulation, U1MB, VBXE, Rapidus, Axlon, and The!Cart.
- Debugger: Extended memory breakpoints and memory access, additional Verifier modes to detect more programming errors, additional 65C816 support, profiling within performance analyzer traces.
- Devices: Modem dial/handshaking sound simulation, power-cycle computer without turning off emulated devices, loopback serial device, new modes for booting executables, UI indication when a device has missing firmware.
- Disk: Improved support for realistic sector interleave patterns, one-click conversion of disk images between DOS/MyDos/SpartaDOS filesystems, I.S. Plate emulation support, quick revert for virtual R/W disks, automatic filename rename-on-write in Disk Explorer, disk drives dialog is now modeless.
- Platform: XAudio2 and WASAPI now supported for lower sound latency on Vista and above; native ARM64 build for better performance on Windows 10 on ARM (Snapdragon 835).
- UI: New unified System Configuration dialog with emulation settings collected and context sensitive help, new confirmation dialogs, options for what is unmounted or if auto-reboots occur on confirmation changes, improved command-line help, window caption customization, default profile for launch-with-image.
Starting the new test releases:
- There is now a command in Options to switch between Registry and portable mode for settings. Portable mode has been supported for a while, but this automatically moves the settings over as well.
- Address CRC errors are now reported correctly for full disk drive emulators, and fixed error reporting issues specific to XF551 full emulation.