altirra emulation

179 replies to this topic

#176 jowi OFFLINE  

jowi

Space Invader

• 39 posts

Posted Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:11 PM

Read the f*cking manual. Right.

Edited by jowi, Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:17 PM.

#177 JAC! OFFLINE  

JAC!

Stargunner

• 1,740 posts
  • Always looking for GFX and MSX for my demos

Posted Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:35 PM

This is an intentional breaking change -- see the change log. Symbols are now only loaded if the debugger is active (/debug or manually opened). This prevents unwanted debugger functionality from being activated when launching an image, particularly if hidden within a .zip file.

Not loading at startup sounds fine, but then they should be loaded when the debugger is entered. Starting / having to start initially with the debugger open is not what I expect as a developer.

#178 phaeron OFFLINE  

phaeron

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,595 posts

Posted Sat Nov 3, 2018 8:11 PM

http://www.virtualdu...-3.20-test4.zip

http://www.virtualdu...0-test4-src.zip

• Fixed crash when enabling extended PAL height with artifacting on and then disabling it with artifacting off.
  • Fixed frame blending (it was actually blending too much).
  • Fixed a bug when profiling sub-ranges of traces in the performance analyzer where some bogus entries would show up in the profiling results due to instructions getting mixed up.
  • Fixed profiler misattributing some instructions around interrupts in function and basic block modes. This showed up as bogus tagging of functions or blocks for interrupt time even though they never executed in interrupts.
  • The profiler can now disambiguate OS ROM and banked cartridge addresses. Since this can screw with symbol matching, global address support is an opt-in option in the Options drop-down.

I'm going to tweak the symbol loading but will have to think some more about it. One of the problems is that the symbol files aren't necessarily available after the initial load. Also, just delaying to debugger open isn't enough either as it means that any problematic debugger feature would still explode if the debugger was accidentally opened, which isn't that hard to do. Pure symbol files aren't much of a risk, but debugger scripts are more so.

#179 Heaven/TQA OFFLINE  

Heaven/TQA

Quadrunner

• 10,978 posts

Posted Sun Nov 4, 2018 12:36 AM

Not loading at startup sounds fine, but then they should be loaded when the debugger is entered. Starting / having to start initially with the debugger open is not what I expect as a developer.

Ok. So its not only me then ;)

#180 Rybags OFFLINE  

Rybags

Quadrunner

• 15,846 posts

Posted Fri Nov 9, 2018 7:50 AM

How's this for recognition - my Avast just added Altirra64 to the do not disturb list.  I'm fairly sure this only occurs for programs that they add to their database.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: altirra, emulation

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users