IGNORED

Anybody here buy a 5200 box for Tempest, how?

Swami

When I ordered 5200 Tempest from the AA store a few months ago it only came with cart and manual. When I recently asked Marc Oberhäuser about buying his Tempest 5200 box, he said it was an AA exclusive box and I would have to order it through AA, but I dont see a box only in the store for the Tempest 5200 game. Can someone who bought one tell me how I get this box? Thanks!

When I bought mine years ago, there was no other option than to buy one with a box. Seems likely that the store simply ran out of boxes. This has happened before... Adventure II also used to have a box and is no longer sold with one.

You might want to ask Al if he has any plans to re-order boxes, but Id guess demand for older 5200 game boxes is pretty low now and not worth the expense of a new print run.

It looks like I missed the boat on the box. What it looks like I'll be doing is keeping it in a clamshell case from eBay, which the manual is too large for, and keeping them both in a box protector. Not ideal, but it keeps it all together and in good shape.

The initial run of some 5200 games on AA came complete in box such as Tempest, Adventure 2, Castle Blast and I believe Castle Crisis. Once the boxes run out they're sold as cart only. I'm not sure why more boxes weren't made but if I had to guess is it's to make it exclusive to those who were able to get they're hands on a copy

• 1 month later...

When I ordered 5200 Tempest from the AA store a few months ago it only came with cart and manual. When I recently asked Marc Oberhäuser about buying his Tempest 5200 box, he said it was an AA exclusive box and I would have to order it through AA, but I dont see a box only in the store for the Tempest 5200 game. Can someone who bought one tell me how I get this box? Thanks!

I actually overlooked the fact that you mentioned Marc in your post! Anyway I just got this in the mail.

post-42627-0-87662900-1539302368_thumb.jpg

post-42627-0-29537900-1539302391_thumb.jpg

Edited by LaserCat

Forgot to tag you in my response. Advice on how to order in my previous post.

Thanks. Got it. I contacted him again, but have not heard back yet. Don't know what kind of snufu happened last time. Did the same thing you did, Marc told me to contact AA and Albert never responded. Hopefully it goes better this time.