V201 Latest Build :
Notes on this new build (v201)
- On the titlepage Type A : Firebutton to accelerate
- On the titlepage Type B. : Joystick RIght to accelerate.
- In game : Increased number of obstacle positions (using 1/2 lanes so an obstacle can appear in 1 of 8 lanes, instead of 1 of 4)
- In game : revamped the obstacle mapping in game modes 1-4
- In game : Psuedo 3D - the top part of the bike no longer triggers a collision, only the handle bars down, meaning you can go for those smaller gaps.(thanks to Lillapojkenpåön for help and code examples on this one).
- Placeholder sounds on the menu (the are way too loud right now, will make them more subtle later).
Thinking of removing the control mode select and just having the fire button accelerate version only.(I think most folks prefer that)
I've been have some issues with scanline count with blips to 263 lines. I've mostly solved it by reducing the amount of river animation and having the scenery elements more spread out on the frames where they are moved, but I still get one blip that I can't get rid off. At the end of the countdown as the game transitions from GO (in 3-2-1-GO) to the start of the race, there is a single frame that jumps to 263. The best of it is, it doesnt happen every time driving me crazy trying to figure it out.
I don't really know enough about the debugger mode in Stella to track what's happening when the blips occur on that side so i'm more trial and error with code tweaks.
Would appreciate any feedback as to if this is noticeable on real hardware please and also on the new obstacle sets and the collision changes.
Edited by Muddyfunster, Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:03 PM.