The AtariAge Forum is undergoing a major upgrade today.  The forum is currently in read-only mode except for the Announcements Forum.  Please read this important post!

Photo

Wizard of Wor Arcade - reboot

103 replies to this topic

#101 Keatah OFFLINE  

Keatah

Missile Commander

• 22,259 posts

Posted Wed May 8, 2019 2:05 PM

Like every other game there can and will be delays. It will be out when it comes out.

#102 Rom Hunter OFFLINE  

Rom Hunter

VCS Games Archivist

• 9,020 posts
  • Obtainer of Rare Antiquities

Posted Sun May 12, 2019 2:15 AM

Finally took some time to play this one.

Truly amazing job, John.

Keep up the good work!

BTW: that ZeroPage interview was great. Never knew you send in a game concept to Atari back in the day.

8)

#103 johnnywc OFFLINE  

johnnywc

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,135 posts

Posted Tue May 21, 2019 6:28 PM

Finally took some time to play this one.

Truly amazing job, John.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks RH!

BTW: that ZeroPage interview was great. Never knew you send in a game concept to Atari back in the day.

I'm glad you enjoyed the interview! One of these days I need to recruit someone who would be interested in helping me bring Mountain Raider to the Atari! :)

#104 johnnywc OFFLINE  

johnnywc

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,135 posts

Posted Tue May 21, 2019 6:32 PM

I recall this was to be released in April. That's come and gone. I know pretty much every game gets delayed but was wondering if there's any updated news.

Hello there!

We are still working on this game and finishing it up as we speak! The manual/box/label is almost complete and we are adding in the final sounds and speech phrases. We have also updated the game to support the latest changes to Nathan Tolbert's QuadTari adapter that will support 2 joysticks in one port, leaving the 2nd port free for the Atarivox and 2 player/voice! :)

EDIT: I forogt to mention; while we were waiting for these things to come together, Nathan Strum and I (with sounds from Ross Keenum) started another game... ;)
Stay tuned for updates!

Thanks,
John

Edited by johnnywc, Tue May 21, 2019 6:34 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users