IGNORED

Has anyone tried this?

Pm3

Just picked up a class of 1981 cocktail off cl for 500 bucks... wait, I just bought one.. tried picking it up and it is way tooooo heavy, couldn't get it out of the truck by myself, getting the engine hoist out to to it today, but hence the reason for this post, the thing is too big, I can pick an original cocktail up and move it, but not this thing. I would like to swap monitor and cards and harness from class of 81 into the original pac man cocktail. Not sure yet how the control panel swap will work, it looks bigger than the original panel.. but I think I can make the swap work

The monitor is crystal clear and looks great much better than the original pac man monitor, not sure if it is the same size will find out more today. Have to break into my game, just saw this going to try it also

post-65286-0-71166200-1537712670_thumb.jpg

post-65286-0-50893700-1537714354_thumb.jpg

post-65286-0-83046500-1537716062_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pm3

• 2 weeks later...

Worked, got the 20th anniversary board and tv into the the original Pac Man cocktail.. now have to find a buyer for the 20th anniversary cocktail with just ms Pac man in it.. wonder if I can get $500 for it

Edited by Pm3

The whole thing is huge, it's awkward to handle, it's not a small cocktail table like the original cocktails, it's is more like half the size of a dining room table, compare the pictures I posted. I don't understand why they would make it that big, the 25th anniversary was back to the normal size as the original, although it looked cheapened up like plastic instead of wood.

I have one of these kind of, not a namco made but afternmarket with an icade60in1, inside seems super similar and the dimensions look right. It's not heavy, awkward alone definitely, but heavy it is not. The worst part of it is the flat top with the tempered glass, but seeing you can unscrew and remove both those very easily that would eliminate the awkward end of the heaviness of it. The coin mech may be adding some to it too as mine isn't entirely in place, kind of a unique box going on inside mine but works as it had been used by the students at UofL up until a year ago about.