IGNORED

Figured someone might like this...

krewat

http://atari.kilonet.org/files/Atari-Summer-Games-Manual-Markup.pdf

The markup sheets (or whatever you want to call them) for the Atari 7800 version of the Summer Games instruction manual.

As you can see, Skeet Shooting and Pole Vault were removed. I think I ran out of space*. I actually have no recollection of this manual, and it's obviously a photocopy of someone else's editing, but there are original (blue) marks on it. Again, no idea why Computer Magic Ltd. would have this, I don't think we were involved in the printing.

* I used bank-switching for each "event" using a menu in the first bank. Still no idea why I ran out of space. Maybe out of time, though.

• Like 9

Oh yes ....Cal....would rock

I can't say much cause Art asked me to keep my trap shut many moons ago but I can at least say I would be down with just a working single event game. I don't think that it's unrealistic that something like that could happen under the right circumstances. If those circumstances where to ever align with the moon and starts in the right order for such a thing to happen.

I wouldn't hold out much hope for ANY CG events. There's a CHANCE I might be able to get the source code off the floppy, but other floppies like this that I have attempted have all met with disaster. The media came right off them and nothing was read. For some reason I was able to get Impossible Mission intact, but only by pulling individual blocks off a double set of backups to make up for the read errors.

I have so far been too afraid to screw with the CG floppies. The thing that makes it even more horrible to read is that I wrote on them with a 1.2MB floppy drive in 360K mode. The 1.2MB floppy has, I believe, a narrower head, and the drive I wrote it with was slightly misaligned. So on each wide 360K track, there exists the previous wide 360K track, and an overwritten narrow track. Experimenting means removing even more media from the floppies, so it's a "do or die" process.

I intend to take another stab at it at some point, but, seriously, and I REALLY hate to say it, but CG for the 7800 might be lost forever. And that's assuming that it was in any shape to actually run. I don't remember making much headway on the conversion before I ended my relationship with Computer Magic once and for all.

Anyone know of a data restoration service that can handle "delicate" floppies? I used one a couple of years ago for some Commodore 64 floppies, but they were in good condition and read just fine.

I was gonna suggest a data recovery firm being your best bet as well. I'm sure you could get folks that would be more than willing to help with the cost if there is a chance at even remotely saving a 7800 prototype that will be otherwise lost to the annals of time (in this case magnetic media degradation).