IGNORED

OT: Any members around Salt Lake City

skr

I am in SLC until mid October and wonder, if there are AA members here who would meet up? Of course I do only have my emulator with me, but that´s than nothing. Or is there any Atari related location I should visit? I have a car and lots of time. ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Skr.

There aren't a lot of Atari related locations here, but there is some Atari history. One of Atari's founders - Nolan Bushnell - grew up here. I don't know if that's really that interesting, but you could visit the Amusement park where he supposedly got the idea to charge people money for video games. And you could also visit the University of Utah where he graduated. Again maybe not super interesting.

I live north of Salt Lake about 20 minutes. I'm free on weekends. My Atari stuff is in storage until I'm done with construction on my basement. But there are plenty of other things to do.

Oktoberfest is running until the 21st, one of my favorites this time of year.

Just let me know :)

I think he grew up in Ogden, and then moved to Salt Lake to go to college.

Yes, Lagoon is where he worked. If you noticed the video arcade - Next to Dracula's Castle, I believe that old building used to house the old arcade style arcades like ski ball, digger crane, baseball, etc. Rumored where he got the idea to charge people money for arcade games.

Nerdy trivia, but kind of cool too!