IGNORED

Atari Stuff for sale

Kernal

You really are not an objective guy.

I don't think Steve at Atarimax ever left someone without product, a refund, or some accommodation. You really venture into the troll territory.

Even if a person does not have insurance that does not absolve the offending party of being responsible for the other persons damages. So you can burn your straw man now. If damages exceed insurance, the offending party is responsible for the difference. So even when playing with that canard you still have to make the other person whole. And as I stated in so many words there are a multitude other analogies.

You appear to assume folks haven't been in anothers' shoes... been homeless, terminal illness, broke, wife gone, kids gone, job gone, perhaps drugs, depression, death in the family and friends circle, you name it. Maybe you should not assume. I can tell you there are folks here with that grocery list and more. They would at least communicate and later in life remedy the situation if at all possible. That is the difference between good people and not so good people. The devil may be in the details, but I wonder if folks who always play devils advocate aren't fully employed by whatever worldly master to make constant excuses for bad behavior.

Given a long list of what folks expect or think is possible to help the situation. You sure go out of your way make it seem like the injured parties are the bad guys in all of this.

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

I don't think Steve at Atarimax ever left someone without product, a refund, or some accommodation. You really venture into the troll territory.

Even if a person does not have insurance that does not absolve the offending party of being responsible for the other persons damages. So you can burn your straw man now. If damages exceed insurance, the offending party is responsible for the difference. So even when playing with that canard you still have to make the other person whole. And as I stated in so many words there are a multitude other analogies.

You appear to assume folks haven't been in anothers' shoes... been homeless, terminal illness, broke, wife gone, kids gone, job gone, perhaps drugs, depression, death in the family and friends circle, you name it. Maybe you should not assume. I can tell you there are folks here with that grocery list and more. They would at least communicate and later in life remedy the situation if at all possible. That is the difference between good people and not so good people. The devil may be in the details, but I wonder if folks who always play devils advocate aren't fully employed by whatever worldly master to make constant excuses for bad behavior.

Given a long list of what folks expect or think is possible to help the situation. You sure go out of your way make it seem like the injured parties are the bad guys in all of this.

■ how is voicing an opinion opposite to your own make me troll? you're the one arguing the toss and not even arguing with the points I made, FYI:

■ i never said the Steve/Atarimax thing was the same - i said some people's reactions with recurrent "where's Steve?" threads are no different in theme to the Sloopy and Kernal threads. This place tends to go off half-cock first and reason things through later on. Just look at some of the initial responses to the OP's reasonable first post - and many of the responses in the Sloopy thread.

■ the insurance analogy is a bad one for you to make. as it's (by no stretch) comparable to someone who digs a hole they can't get out of. in your analogy what happens to someone whose insurance doesn't cover loss? From 30+ yrs work in the judicial system, i can say that the places I worked had plenty of residents unable to "make right" another's loss. end result? the buyer still doesn't receive the goods they paid for.

■ you misinterpret the "another's shoes" comment. for clarity, I'm saying how do YOU or any of US know how Sloopy and Kernal feel or how their mindset is - unless WE'VE actually been in the self same situation - ie (through whatever life stuff has taken over) they're unable to provide goods promised to OUR buyers. I'm not for one minute defending Sloopy or Kernal - if you think that then that's your issue. I've said perhaps we need to understand that the reality is that - however much we reason and try to keep up comms with the sellers, they issues they now "may" have have consumed them to the extent any deal is probably long-dead. Deals "may" still conclude - but are extremely unlikely.

■ I've NEVER tried to blame the buyers/injured parties - your inference is insulting. if you read my replies properly (instead of your typical skim-read, misinterpret, fire off a broadside response) you'd see I was very supportive of the parties affected. I even suggested two alternative solutions:

a] expend less negative energy - gain piece of mind and chalk it up to ONE bad experience, or

b] contact the seller via email, elicit a response (at least) confirming an intention to make good on the deal. this provides actual evidence of deal - something completely absent at this stage as the process appears little more than an electronic cash transfer at this stage.

you could be more helpful than you are, you know. instead of ritually attacking me - offer the buyer some constructive ideas. and maybe ideas that don't amount to fruitlessly chasing their own tails or rounding up a lynch mob.

anyhow, for the sake of my own sanity - and to give you someone else to stalk, I'm out of this one now.

Edited by Guest

so basically, when you say something your are absolutely correct in everything, but others just miss-interpret it all. got it.

You threw steve from atarimax in there... we didn't... you did that and there isn't any other reason to bring him into it...

Yes we must base everything on the feelings of others who are not sharing their feelings... do you hear yourself?

Your continual protestations on behalf of those whom did the wrong, while at the same time telling folks they need to be better people and see it from the offending parties reality, without knowing that reality, or saying stuff about the offending parties feeling or thoughts, and how the injured party should look at that over their own concerns seems contrived. One can only guess why that is.

You clearly blot out the whole story, what people have known of a person or observed...

No one followed you in here... it's and open thread and is partly connected to the sloopy thread.... that's not stalking, but if we were to take notice, I think it more likely you stalk Mclaneinc.

I don't remember you being bilked by either of the two folks who stiffed folks, and I certainly don't remember you spending any extra time in irc, being mentioned in conversation, or interacting on anything but a cursory level with any of these folks.

Bottom line, conversations were had, agreements made, money exchanged without delivery of goods. A long list of what could be done, and what might have gone wrong, with more than enough chances to make things right and or talk, ended up it did not make any difference. More than enough time has passed, communication would be a start. If that is a bridge too far and you can only split hairs about this or that and continue to avoid the main issues, then most certainly wouldn't feel good about being around or making any kind of deal with a person who keeps going or defending that route.

After being burned, taken advantage of or otherwise then there would be a new thread about that...

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

so basically, when you say something your are absolutely correct in everything, but others just miss-interpret it all. got it.

You threw steve from atarimax in there... we didn't... you did that and there isn't any other reason to bring him into it...

Yes we must base everything on the feelings of others who are not sharing their feelings... do you hear yourself?

Your continual protestations on behalf of those whom did the wrong, while at the same time telling folks they need to be better people and see it from the offending parties reality, without knowing that reality, or saying stuff about the offending parties feeling or thoughts, and how the injured party should look at that over their own concerns seems contrived. One can only guess why that is.

You clearly blot out the whole story, what people have known of a person or observed...

your understanding/ability to read is sorely lacking here. Nowhere and I repeat nowhere did i say any of this.

your hostility is as obvious as your need to twist my words. you don't like me - never have, I get it. can we move on?

pointless trying to reason with you.

this kind of "homing in on an individual" is fairly typical of you.

well no longer. i'll set you on ignore - life will be better for me.

LMFAO ... Yeah I hated you so much I provided you stuff over time like a loader or whatever you were looking for and such. More dishonesty on your part. I think you don't like anybody who likes Mclaneinc and will always find some hairs to split in a hissy fit. You don't care who it is once you get worked up.

What I don't get is... you were suppose to be ignoring a number of folks, Including Mclaneinc already... Like a couple of cats your in a potato sack with claws out. This is how I view that sort of animus. If someone reaches in that bag, look out! It's funny how the diversion continues from the folks who have done people wrong to whatever you feel towards those discussing it.

I guess I can't defend or empathize on the side of the person who did the screwing, except for the points I outlined through this and the sloopy thread. You may find that kin good company, but my feeling is most wouldn't.

• Like 1

Doc I got to say that it does appear that you misinterpreted the comment about Steve of AtariMax. Grab a coffee and a donut, and then go back to the original post and slowly read what was written. Nowhere was he saying bad things about Steve. In fact it was quite the opposite.

• Like 4

Doc I got to say that it does appear that you misinterpreted the comment about Steve of AtariMax. Grab a coffee and a donut, and then go back to the original post and slowly read what was written. Nowhere was he saying bad things about Steve. In fact it was quite the opposite.

Mytek you are correct.

On that singular point- after the edit occured, correct. The rest still stands.

I would say after 8 months, a year/year and a half or even years later- these are hardly knee jerk reactions to the offenders being conversed about in either of these threads. I must not have caught the whole final post. I of course concede the point about reaction to Steve being knee jerk reactions in regard to people and orders with him as some folks were going ape-sh*t within a day or so to a week at times... truly a different case for sure. I should give more time for folks to edit their posts and make sure nothing gets cut off in the bottom of my phone display, and scroll down afterwards.

On another front- I can't wait for my router to arrive, phone screens and tethering just don't cut it, my old router loses it's marbles and locks up- it was suppose to be here yesterday, now it says tomorrow, but it is bouncing between the 20th and 25th now. Very strange, I wonder what happens at fedex some days...

- yes I edited this as I forgot the th in 20th and 25th and other small mistypes.

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

I can't tell you how many times I read something, and completely saw it a different way then intended. Very strange what the brain can do to you at times :grin: . And don't get me started on my poor typing skills and the inconsistent brain/eye connection which causes me to often times drop complete words (this is the reason why you'll see multiple edits on my posts).

• Like 2

Folks can use the report function on all the offending bits that take it completely off course and have them removed... that could work, I don't think anyone is wholly vested in this thread anyway. I don't have a problem with that being done if it's a source of sadness, I'd like a happy bunch of AA family members myself. It probably belongs in the bad vender/market/buy/sell section of AA anyway.

Mytek you are correct.

On that singular point- after the edit occured, correct. The rest still stands.

well, i did promise to say out of this thread. however when someone states something that is clearly not true, i'm can't let that slide.

i know some (at least two) of you will call me a pedant, but I contacted _thedoctor__ via PM to ask if he'd bury the hatchet and correct his inaccurate post (see above) his response?

_The Doctor__
Has left the conversation

so, regrettably - i'm posting my PM to him here (in full).

+++++++++++++++++++

Sent Yesterday, 5:22 PM
Hi
i'm reaching out to you here, because, well once upon a time we got on okay.
you've just updated the thread but still implied that it was all down to my edit: re: steve @ atarimax. no it wasn't.
check the post details: post #23 - Posted Yesterday, 5:29 PM - Edited by brenski, Yesterday, 6:15 PM.
your first reply to this: - Posted Yesterday, 7:31 PM
your inference in reply #35
"On that singular point- after the edit occured, correct. The rest still stands."
is that i somehow edited it after your reply.
it's clear i didn't and that there was >1hr between my edit and your reply.
as i said, I'm staying out of the thread, but in the spirit of accuracy you could remove the part of your reply that implies my edit somehow was done after your reply...or at least correct your reply.
i'll leave it to you
Martin
++++++++++++++++++

incidentally, my edit had NOTHING to do with the Steve @ Atarimax reference. - unfortunately, google cache doesn't not hold a copy of that page "pre-edit"

Edited by Guest

You are a real twit,

it hasn't even been a handful of hours... You stated you didn't want to talk to me and were setting me to be ignored, now you demand instant action on mail you send after saying you were blocking and ignoring a person? I don't think anyone has even had a chance to get the moderators to act on removing the crap from this thread yet.

I deleted the mail, why would I read it after all you said you wanted nothing to do with any of it or whoever other people you carry on about. Why would I want to read what very well may be another piece of you flailing about and bitching how this is all wrong or some crap about how someone should be grateful to you for whatever it was you finally did.

I am in the USA, I needed to sleep, I deleted what I expected to be a sh*t sandwich... sorry I didn't ask your permission, I am sure you were awake and checking every half hour for whatever response you wanted. Well you can post all the edits and crap you want. I won't lose any sleep over it. I will not be changing to Brenski local time.... get over it.

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 2

... can't we all just get along?

I'm moving this topic to the "Buy/Sell/Trade" subforum of the Marketplace, since that's where it should have been posted in the first place. As for "Kernal" ... if he still hasn't come through on his promises to deliver what he owes, I would suggest adding him to the Bad Trader list and/or the User Feedback subforum as a warning to other AtariAge members, who are unlikely to stumble upon this thread.

• Like 7