IGNORED

Tool that converts bitmaps into Atari 2600 graphics

gfvh

Hello, I recently developed a tool that converts BMPs into Atari 2600 graphics. It need to be in BMP format for the conversion to work.

It also outputs binary numbers that can be easily read by an Atari 2600 program written in 6502 assembly.

The different labels above the binary numbers are something like "linea2Ro", the number means to what PF the byte goes.

For example lineaRo goes to PF0, linea2Ro goes to PF1, linea3Ro goes to PF2, linea4Ro goes to PF0 again (the second half, not reflected), linea5Ro goes to PF1, linea6Ro goes to PF2.

Ro means Red.

Ve means Green.

Az means Blue.

One line is red, the next line is green, the next line is blue, and the next one is red again, and so...

This is the tool:

http://mauisland.bye...MP_to_ASM_2.htm

It's online, and made thanks to a little example called "BMP to Canvas" I found in the Web.

Here's an example of the reader made in assembly:

http://mauisland.bye...ho10/player.txt

I tested it only a few lines, but it works so far.

I didn't test it fully.

Ah, one more thing. The data is upside down, that means that you need to decrease a counter like Y or X while you read it and put it onscreen. Until it reaches zero or a any number you like.