Photo

Anyone rememeber the TV Boy?

3 replies to this topic

#1 MrMaddog OFFLINE  

MrMaddog

Dragonstomper

• 813 posts
  • Not a 'gamer' but a video game player...

Posted Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:41 PM

The first 128-in-1 2600 handheld made in the 90's, I remember hearing about it on a newsgroup and now someone reviewed it...

https://www.youtube....h?v=oHObJNfar2Y

Talk about the original Atari plug and play :)

#2 FOX2600 OFFLINE  

FOX2600

Chopper Commander

• 214 posts

Posted Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:22 AM

Ah, the TV boy, The first plug and play (well technically the first plug and play was whatever the first pong console was to be released after the Odyssey). Doesnt get enough credit (historically) in my opinion. Even those most hate those plug and plays made by Jakks pacific, they have their place in gaming as well.

Nostalgia Nerd makes great videos.

Edited by FOX2600, Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:24 AM.

#3 Hwlngmad OFFLINE  

Hwlngmad

Moonsweeper

• 329 posts

Posted Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:28 AM

PnPs definitely have their pros, as well as cons.  However, the TV Boy definitely seems to be the precursor of sorts to what we are experiencing today with the mini consoles from AtGames, Nintendo, etc.  At least, that is how it struck me when I viewed the video.

Also, I agree.  The Nostalgia Nerd makes some really good videos and I really enjoy his stuff.

Ah, the TV boy, The first plug and play (well technically the first plug and play was whatever the first pong console was to be released after the Odyssey). Doesnt get enough credit (historically) in my opinion. Even those most hate those plug and plays made by Jakks pacific, they have their place in gaming as well.

Nostalgia Nerd makes great videos.

#4 sweetf2a OFFLINE  

sweetf2a

Combat Commando

• 4 posts

Posted Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:05 PM

Ive got two of these. TV Boy 2 and a TV Boy 3. The 2 uses a rf cable and the 3 is a joypad with av out. Every Atari fan should have a 3 imho!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users