IGNORED

Postcards from PRGE 2018

Ray Kaestner signing some boxes for me while I'm no doubt "karensplaining" something. I think my Diner box is finished - now signed by Ray, Dave Warhol, Connie Goldman, and Keith.

attachicon.gifjpeg-imag1.jpg

karensplaining" lol So Funny, Goes perfect with the hand jester. Finally a photo of intv ladies... Thanks for Sharing Karen... Like I mentioned its nice to put face's to names..

Cheers

• Like 1

The BSR panel.

From left to right: Stephen Roney, David Warhol, Ray Kaestner, Gabriel Baum, Bill Fisher, Paul Nurminen

Wait... Paul Nurminem is a BSR now? Oh, I get it. "Blue Sky Rangers" is anybody who ever worked on Intellivision in some capacity, not the original Mattel programmers?

You probably dont know, but a panel has usually a presenter that leads thru the talk.

If you are trying to say that Paul was the presenter, then perhaps you should lead with that for those of us who were not there and just read "BSR Panel" as the caption of the photo. :roll:

If you are trying to say that Paul was the presenter, then perhaps you should lead with that for those of us who were not there and just read "BSR Panel" as the caption of the photo. :roll:

You probably should use for once your brain and dont come up with such unnecessary wisecrack comments.

• Like 2

Enough walking around the show stuff... Time to get down to some LOOT!

I didn't pick up a bunch of stuff as I was keeping my spending on what was already a not-so-cheap trip for me in check but I did get everything I had targeted for the most part.

Loot01.jpg

I'll start with the homebrews. Picked up 4 from Rev including the Oregon Bound game I wanted to actually buy in Oregon. Steve Jones is not only the best box guy on the planet but also one of the nicest people in general for getting me a copy of Princess Quest in Coleco colors.

Loot2.jpg

I was able to score a nice sealed copy of Sub Hunt as a condition upgrade for my collection as well as finding a cheap copy of World Championship Baseball with a special surprise inside of unused and still connected overlays.

Loot3.jpg

Not sure how these ended up in such an abused and well traveled copy of this game but it was enough for me to buy it instantly.

Loot4.jpg

Another goal of mine was to find the only NES game made by Intv Corp, Monster Truck Rally. This is the NES version of Stadium Mud Buggies and I was able to find a complete in box copy as well as a backup cart at side by side booths after walking around all but the last row of the vendor area.

Loot5.jpg

The game even had a surprising Intv Corp warranty card with the company address on it.

Loot6.jpg

And the big boy... I was able to complete a trade with BSRSteve who was not only excellent on the Blue Sky Rangers panel but also nice enough to work a deal with me for this CIB Learning Fun II. Can't thank him enough for getting me 1 away from Platinum status! He even tossed in some Flashback Supplemental Overlays to complete the game.

Loot7.jpg

Finally, here are the badges from the show. Thanks to Rev for getting me an exhibitor's pass and to Albert for making the awesome AtariAge tags available to us (yes I customized mine further with a Pickle Rick pin bought at the show). The Intellivision lanyards were a nice touch and it was cool to see so many people walking around the expo with our favorite system's name and logo on them.

Badges.jpg

Again, I want to thank everyone who put up with me tagging along everywhere this weekend. It was great to finally meet so many of you and to know that all my biggest fears about Rev are very much warranted! ;) :lolblue:

• Like 7