IGNORED

JOUSTWEEN - new game WIP

Baby Blue Azure

Hey fans. THIS GAME IS SPOOKED! With Halloween and the holidaze lurking, I thought I'd make an attempt to create a "newer game." The mood around here has been kind of dark just in time for Halloween, and now we can play JOUSTWEEN. Scary that I had a hell of a time putting this game together, and hopefully it won't spook ya! I'm sure you'll have a devil of a time playing this game!

The features this game has is mostly to do with the changed colors. Player 1 has been changed to the pumpkin color. The ledges and volcano have a deep oak wood polish to them. I did this since I am a wood worker in real life. The Red Buzzard Riders have been changed to Green to contrast to Player 1's new color. Plus Christmas is coming so we need some Green to go along with the Red lava. The SURVIVAL wave has been changed to the SPOOKY wave. Will you earn 3000 SPOOKY points? Win all jousts and you will. Speaking of 3000 points, the Pterry kills are now 3000 points, 2000+1000, because as I said this game is spooked. Also be sure to press select (Cursor UP key on emulator keyboard). Then watch the egg "light show," powered by the Pete Gaston easter egg code. And the Egg Wave has been changed to the Deviled Egg Wave. So the eggs have a different appearance now. Scary. And you might notice the Deviled Eggs suspend in free air when the Buzzard Riders eject them. Did I say this game was spooked? Finally I left this game in invincible mode because you probably don't ever want to die in this spooky game.

There could be 3 bugs in this game - the first one is you can't start the game when it is in Attract Mode, which I found now is the same problem with the prior release JOUST GTR. Also, there is a 2-byte graphics error displayed [sometimes] when the Pterry is killed in the upper half of the screen. It's displaying the same character twice but I don't know what RAM location it is. The 3rd one has something to do with scoring. But if I don't tell you what it is, you might not notice it. So we call this a WIP and hope some day it gets WIPPed into shape.

Game Photos:

post-65655-0-81148100-1540664333_thumb.jpg

post-65655-0-76587500-1540663245_thumb.jpg

post-65655-0-45635000-1540663277_thumb.jpg

post-65655-0-32807900-1540663305_thumb.jpg

JOUSTWEEN NTSC INVINCIBLE BIN:

JOUSTWEEN_INV_F4AA.bin

JOUSTWEEN NTSC INVINCIBLE a78:

Joustween_INV_32K.a78

ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAYS !!!

/BBA

• Like 3

Good idea, SG. Maybe we should call G172 to check his inventory for witches on a broom and get that implemented as a replacement to the Pterodactyl. Meanwhile, I discovered how to get 3 Pterry's on the screen at once and VERY OFTEN. Just a one byte change. I was also trying to develop a new gadget code that would make all 3 stages of Lava flow (and lava bridge opening) that currently happen at the beginning of Waves 1, 2 and 3 all happen at the beginning of Wave 1. The best I could do so far is to swap stage 3 into stage 1 and the lava bridge opens and the flames are flying in Wave 1. It looks like this:

post-65655-0-68899100-1540841437_thumb.jpg

Now I will go release JOUST_eggs easy over, because the egg wave is now over easy (without doing anything) in that version.

Got it G172. Thanks for the rapid response. You're the best Stamp Collector! We are running out of time to Dark Midnight Tonight, so we will have to release what we have now and we can work on your better witch and release that later.

The changes on today’s version are massive. The 2 bugs are fixed: scoring, and the ’99’ character to the upper right part of the screen have been fixed. I zeroed the ’99’ so it won’t show in the game, but will you see where else the ’99’ used to be used? I punched up the Pterry frequency so we get up to 3 Pterrys and even see some on the first wave now. The “Witch” (with animation frames) I am using was cooked up in under 4 hours including documentation and importing to the game. It’s a WIP (work in progress), and this was Wipped into shape just to support today’s festivities. We can do better, but for now I *like* this. The new witch wave is called DOOM ON A BROOM. Many of the game wave messages have been changed. The TEAM WAVE was a boring name for this game. So I was thinking GHOST, SCARY, SPOOKY and so on. Then I thought of SPIRIT. Oh, TEAM SPIRIT WAVE. Perfect. Get it, TEAM SPIRIT? This is like good old times at Atari - bad jokes reign! (pretty awful when you have to explain your jokes).

HERE’S 3 PTERRY’S ON THE EGG WAVE (BEFORE I HAD THE WITCH):
post-65655-0-50046100-1541014013_thumb.jpg
NEW DOOM ON A BROOM WAVE:
post-65655-0-09843300-1541014029_thumb.jpg
NEW TEAM SPIRIT WAVE:
post-65655-0-54641700-1541014040_thumb.jpg
THANKS TO G172 FOR HIS WITCH. HERE’S THE PROTOTYPE:
post-65655-0-77633900-1541014049_thumb.jpg

JOUSTWEEN REV A BIN:
JOUSTWEEN_A_INV_E9AC.bin
JOUSTWEEN REV A a78:

Joustween_A_INV_32K.a78