IGNORED

JOUST EGGS EASY OVER - new game

Baby Blue Azure

Hey guys. Well, here we are with yet another rendition. 2018 was sure the year that things forever changed on 7800 JOUST. No, GORFCADET probably won't probably be reviewing all my escapades on JOUST, or at least we hope not. This one is MONOTONIC, BORING, UNCREATIVE, and probably will only be played once, and who knows what other comments GORFCADET would dream up. Unless you hand the joystick to your little brother and they will never let go of the joystick - ever, then the game would be played alot. Cuz the game has no ending and has infinite Pterodactyls. Or so it seems. I was chasing how they controlled having up to 3 Pterodactyls and why they take so long to show up. And now we have it. I did this instead of wasting my time watching the 49ers or Dodgers do what they do, which isn't much. The game has a single control to have 1 or 2 or 3 (not 4 or more) Pterodactyls. It shows it has 3 in the game. The problem is, it takes so long to generate the new Pterodactyl the game "forgets" what it's supposed to do, which to have up to 3 pterodactyls on the screen at once. So they have an equation that subtracts '01' every time it cycles through to effectively handle the timing. I changed that to '50' and et voila we have a lot of Pterodactyls. You can use a higher number but it seems the game can't handle it and crashes from time to time (at least on the emulator).

I had planned to make this game normal (non-invincible), but after adding the Pterodactyl Triple Play the game is so hard I still haven't earned the 3000 Survival Bonus. You'll see - it's challenging. I am happy to announce that finally in my life I get to see the Egg Wave have Pterodactyls flying across. One of my photos shows this!

The primary change, though, is the "Eggless" gadget of this game. You touch the Buzzard Riders and they quickly release the egg - so quickly that you don't even see the egg. And instant full bonus. No fuss or muss (whatever that means) with gooey egg whites or broken egg yokes. Clean fun. You will see the eggs in the Easy Over Egg Wave (every 5 waves), but only for a short time. So quickly you gain 10,500 points for doing nothing, and the tunes can't keep up with it. I never preferred that wave anyways - so tedious.

Also, be sure to activate the select button on the Titlescreen (UP cursor on the computer emulator). Then you can watch the Eggs Easy Over animation, powered by the Pete Gaston Easter Egg.

Photos of the game:

post-65655-0-94354100-1540843079_thumb.jpg

post-65655-0-63060600-1540843136_thumb.jpg

post-65655-0-12186000-1540843206_thumb.jpg

JOUST EZ OVER, NTSC, INV, BINARY:

JOUST_EZO_NTSC_INV_2751.bin

JOUST EZ OVER, NTSC, INV, .a78:

Joust_EZO_NTSC_INV_32K.a78

With this, I run out of time to work on JOUST anymore, except if we can get G172 support to add witches on a broom. We just need a sprite and 3 animation frames for both left and right (given left, I can quickly do the right, or vice versa). There are 3 things I am missing at this point. (1) How to make a 8th scoring digit fully operational for both player 1 and 2. I have it mostly done, the additional slots to display are there, just a couple of housekeeping things to do and I should be able to get it eventually. (2) Make all 3 stages of lava flow occur at the beginning of Wave 1. There's a massive amount of code to process here and I know where everything is, but how to make it work is another thing. I will be seeking help with other programmers on this one. (3) Determine how the game generates the enemies on the screen. They use zero page $93 to count the wave number in hex (zero page $94 is utilized for decimal count to display the wave #) and this is used in some areas that I haven't investigated yet. Ultimately I want to place 12 eggs on the screen along with 8 buzzard riders, and when a Buzzard Rider is killed off, the next egg hatches into another Buzzard Rider for a total of 20 targets in one wave. And then incorporate all the best features I have already shared into an ultimate JOUST game that everyone will want to play.

Enjoy the latest features of the 7800 JOUST game! /BBA

• Like 1