IGNORED

Question about the joysticks that came with the all black Vader consoles

Pink

Sold my Vader a few months back and regretted it, finally found a bargain on another one and snatched it up. I just received it in the mail today. I noticed the circle around the joysticks are all black rather then the traditional yellow-orange color. At first I thought the color was completely worn off but up close it didn't look like it, and plus the console and everything else included is in fantastic condition. I found a photo of the Vader box here on Atariage and I noticed the joysticks in the photo on the box were all black as well. Did the Vader originally come with all black joysticks? Were these sold separately at all or only with the Vader? (I'm just really curious!) My original Vader I bought used came with only 1 joystick and it had the yellow/orange color on it.

I guess I just never really paid attention at all and never noticed it until now. If this is the case that they came with all black joysticks then I am extremely happy that I have matching joysticks with my new Vader!

post-42460-0-76011100-1541023147_thumb.jpg

post-42460-0-03758000-1541023171_thumb.jpg

Photo of the Vader box I am referencing.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/247145-coleco-chameleon-hardware-speculations/?p=3488070

Edited by Pink

Interestingly enough my dad has a 2600 Jr.

Next time i'm at my mom and dad's i'll have to look at his joystick. I know he got it brand new in the 80s from his parents as a gift when my mom and dad were only dating and weren't married yet.

I guess I never really did pay attention or notice hahahaha

Edited by Pink

My UK 2600Jr back in the 80's came with CX24's in the box (Think it was Centipede as the pack-in game).

Kid across the road who got a 2600Jr that same Christmas had a CX40's

JRs came with many stick variants, I also got an early European JR packed with 2 CX24 and Centipede, I own a US JR with CX40, and I recently found a small box European JR with a CX40, most of the JRs have joypads

• Like 1