Biniax1.2 port for Lynx

5 replies to this topic

#1 Nop90 OFFLINE  

Nop90

Space Invader

• 47 posts

Posted Sat Nov 3, 2018 11:50 AM

Hallo everybody, this is my first post.

About a week ago I decided to learn Lynx coding, and after setting up the toolchain on an ubuntu virtual machine I made a lot of experiments.

My goal is to port one of the Retroguru games, and I'm at good point in making their platform engine to work, but I'll need some time to master the build of a lynx cart for a project of big dmensions.

So to make experience with the new toolchain I decided to make quick port of a smaller game and opted for Biniax v1.2.

Attached there is the alpha version of the game. To finsh the game I need to tune the font that I made for the game, add some fancier background and add musics & sfx (alredy have  a working tune made with Chipper, but the instruments need fixing, they sound so bad in the emulator respect at design time with chipper), but the game is already fully playable.

Usually I try to solve problems on my own (luckily there are a lot of informations on this forum) but if I find a big problems I'll ask your help. 

When the game will be finished I'll release the sources too. Meanwhile every feedback on this small project is welcome.

Nop90

Preview version (v0.1)

biniax.jpg

Release version (v0.2)

pic1.png pic2.png

Attached Files

Edited by Nop90, Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:01 AM.

#2 LordKraken OFFLINE  

LordKraken

Chopper Commander

• 144 posts

Posted Sat Nov 3, 2018 12:58 PM

Nice little game! I live the "vibrating" effect!

My hi-score is 3400 ;)

(you should post this info on the general forum)

#3 Turbo Laser Lynx OFFLINE  

Turbo Laser Lynx

Moonsweeper

• 497 posts

Posted Mon Nov 5, 2018 1:35 AM

Hi and welcome! Nice puzzle game you've got going on. Hope you will enjoy developing on the Lynx. :waving:

*edit Retroguru is a nice concept/project, very nice porting all of those games to different old systems! The Lynx could really use some more platformers and 'action-games' in my opinion, I'm pretty sure that my next game will be a simple platformer of some sort.

Edited by Turbo Laser Lynx, Mon Nov 5, 2018 1:49 AM.

#4 Nop90 OFFLINE  

Nop90

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 47 posts

Posted Tue Nov 6, 2018 12:43 PM

Added v0.2 to the OP.

Decided to not add a music for the game, only for the title screen. Instrument used fo music and SFX aren't so great, but without a real lynx for testing sound dosn't make senso spendin more time with them.

There is still a problem with the music, that plays bad returning to main screen after a game. It's related to using SFX. Have to study better the sound handling.

#5 necrocia OFFLINE  

necrocia

Moonsweeper

• 286 posts

Posted Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:35 AM

Awesome! The screen shake is really something, very cool effect.

I've added an entry for it to the game database I'm maintaining (it will appear in the main list after 24hrs) - https://atarigamer.c...iniax/194993682

Looking forward to your other games too!

#6 Nop90 OFFLINE  

Nop90

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 47 posts

Posted Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:56 AM

Thanks,

I'm working on other 2 projects for th Lynx, but after this simple game I know there are a lot of things to study deeper to code nice games.

I'll post a preview as soon s I have something playable.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users