IGNORED

Suggestions for good, fun 2-button full movement MSX action game

Swami

I recently got an SX-1 MSX2+ FPGA with an SD card slot, but it also has a cart port and I'd like to know a couple good inexpensive (about $20-$40 loose) cart test games that can test the system in the cart slot. A two button game, where the two buttons do something obvious, with full movement and the option to use the keyboard controls would be good. I've looked around, but can't find a list of two button games to compare. Most of the ones I know of have ridiculous prices ($70+, loose) or, like Ninja Princess, I can't even find for sale. Something like Commando, Defender, 2-button missile command, etc.

A reasonably priced ($50-$60) homebrew cart with these features would also be okay, although some out-of-print homebrews can get quite ridiculous in price as well.

There is a port of Tutankhamen from the ColecoVision on cart, but it would be nice to have something unique and not $40 for CV Tutankhamen.

Thanks.

MSX was biggest in Japan... you are really going to limit your choices if you exclude Japan only games. Besides, shmups like Nemesis (Gradius) are some of the most English friendly import games out there. Though, I'm used to importing games. I have 4 Super Famicom (5th on the way), 9 Famicom games and 6 PC-Engine games (7th on the way).

Don't be scared to import. I mean I just paid $48 to import Super Aleste and it was worth it. It sure beat paying more than $100 for Space Megaforce (The NA version of the game).

• Like 2

MSX was biggest in Japan... you are really going to limit your choices if you exclude Japan only games. Besides, shmups like Nemesis (Gradius) are some of the most English friendly import games out there. Though, I'm used to importing games. I have 4 Super Famicom (5th on the way), 9 Famicom games and 6 PC-Engine games (7th on the way).

Don't be scared to import. I mean I just paid $48 to import Super Aleste and it was worth it. It sure beat paying more than $100 for Space Megaforce (The NA version of the game).

Thanks. I will get some Japanese carts, but I wanted one in a hurry for a testing cart just to make sure everything is working, so I decided to get one not as great that would arrive sooner. Probably should have looked into it as soon as I ordered the sx-1, but just an oversight on my part.

Why do you need a cartridge game that supports two joystick buttons, when you can load the SD card with such games and for testing the cartridge slot can use any "cheap" game?

In the past, if the controls are a bit wonky with a console or something else is on the fritz, I cant even get to a game through the menu to really test it through the sd card. The cart is just a lot more direct and fool proof in my experience. Seems like a more thorough way to test cart communication for glitches as well and just test everything.

The sd card I got for it happens to be dead now for some reason, although I was able to load games to it on the PC, so I had to order another one. So, figured I'd cover all my bases with the cart as well. Hopefully there is no ESD of some sort to the sd slot.