I never got around to posting a patch for the latest changes, so here it is.
Changes so far:
1. New Hi and Low res fonts
2. Misaligned title-screen P/M fix
3. New character colors
Usage instructions for the patch:
01. Get some decent hex editor, like HxD
02. Make a copy of your ROM file.
03. Open the ROM file in your hex editor.
04. Extract the patch file from the ZIP archive (in the post above).
05. Open the extracted patch file in your hex editor.
06. Select the entire contents of the patch file using the
"Select All" and "Copy" commands in your hex editor.
07. Go to viewing your ROM copy file in the hex editor.
08. Use the "Go To Offset" command and enter "011CDF".
09. From the current spot of the cursor, use the "Paste
Write" command, to paste what was copied from the
patch file into your ROM.
10. Save the changes.
A little bit of info that some might not be aware of: you don't need to have the
first player active in order to use the second player. You can start a game with
the second player alone. This means that even though we have no "player
select" option per se, the second joystick can make it so.
Edited by MrFish, Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:21 PM.