Hi all, I've got a problem with a 600XL and I'm not sure how to solve it. When the machine is started up it immediately goes into the memory test and the 2nd ROM test is red as shown in the screen shot.
Here's the things I've done:
- Swap GTIA with 800XL and chip works fine.
- Swap ANTIC and things work.
- Swap Pokey and things work.
- Swap Sally and things work fine.
- Swap PIA and things work fine.
- Swap BASIC ROM and things work fine.
- Swapped OS ROM and the 800XL had a black screen.
- Performed the composite mod from Best Electronics.
- Ordered new CO61598B from Best Electronics.
The new CO61598B is giving the memory test failure. I did the composite mod to the 5-pin din and after the mod was done it booted to the Ready screen once, then the memory test failure each time after that.
I've tried the new CO61598B in the 800XL and it does the same thing. I haven't tried the CO61598B from the 800XL in the 600XL because I'm afraid that something in the 600XL is blowing out the chip. Is there anything I can check to make sure that there isn't something in the 600XL causing the problem with the OS ROM?
Thanks for your help, I appreciate you reading through this long post.