IGNORED

A Very Unusual Hard Shell Case For Sale (Not Mine)

blainelocklair

I have the same case, without a box. They pop up from time to time and eBay. Like CPUWIZ said, they are hard to find with a box.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/gallery_ips/gallery/album_1475/gallery_21941_1475_7121.jpg

http://www.atariage.com/forums/gallery_ips/gallery/album_1475/gallery_21941_1475_31072.jpg

Edited by sramirez2008
  • Like 1

This one isn't boxed, but still pretty cool. I am so often amazed that after playing these things since the days of home Pong consoles and black & white rabbit ear TVs that I see stuff like this I've never seen before. I guess everyone's journey through the gaming culture is unique. That just adds to the fun. If we all knew exactly the same things, we'd never grow.

How did we all find this stuff before the internet? Yard sales, attics, and abandoned storage sheds, plus the occasional thrift store find for me. One of my colleagues used to tell me, "Blaine, everything old is new again." He was right. He told me lots of other smart things, but they're for another thread. :)

Blaine

• Like 2

I have an actual unusual carrying case, I know nothing about it. I think I probably posted a pic in the past.

Interesting. I have two as well.

The standard Atari one, which I have had since I was a child. And another unusual one as well, which I picked up later in life. Perhaps we have the same one?

Interesting. I have two as well.

The standard Atari one, which I have had since I was a child. And another unusual one as well, which I picked up later in life. Perhaps we have the same one?

This one has a signed Black 2600 in it. It is pretty unique, as it comes apart completely.

IMG-4814.JPG

IMG-4813.JPG

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I cannot confirm if it was a rental case. In fact, I was never aware of any rental stores ever renting a 2600 (or any of the older consoles back in the day) let alone if they did so through the use of any cases back then.

What I was saying “yes” to in my post, was that my unit was the same as the one pictured, not “yes” it was a rental case. I have no idea what it was used for.

Ok gotcha. ?  The 2600 was rented out BITD. My in-laws owned a video store for over 30 years and they used to rent them early on. They can’t recall however what they stored the rentals in. They were long gone by the time I met my wife. All I ended up with were multiple Sega Genesis rental units in cases.