IGNORED

That man has no clue ...

https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1410

Seriously ? Making photos, writing posts in forum because some old, faulty floppy drive, what is worth (when is OK) of max 10 Euros ?

Get another one, don't waste time ! But he has time, and will put every trivial problem on forum, like: https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=979

I would be seriously ashamed to do it, really. Maybe to try to solve it self, instead embarassing self ? Or write it in PM to someone ?

I had about 10 floppy drives in September, before my move to other place. Decided to not drag all them, so did quick works well/works not well (or at all) tests with all them, what took max 20 minutes, and simply thrown away bad ones. Now I have 5 tested floppy drives for case of need + floppy drives in my Ataris + 1 floppy drive in my second PC (newer one has no floppy port) . How I came in possession of 10 floppy drives ? Some I just took out from PCs I repaired or just got for free (of course they were old and non-working in most cases). Even found some by trash disposal at my house - in old PC cases, where mainboard + other was removed, only floppy drives and PSUs were present. Well, both floppy drives work. But let's say that it's not typical. People can go in second hand PC shops and will see there plenty of floppy drives what surely can get for few bucks - well in my place it is so.

Passion and possibly profit are just some things that motivate people to continue to undertake these projects on 30 year old hardware. Chris post as he works through a problem is something that others may benefit from (or simply ignore if it isnt of interest).

The best part of these forums is the exchange of ideas. The more technically knowledgeable members will delve into a level of investigation that many of us arent capable of, even if its on getting a floppy drive working. The worst part of these forums to people taking their grievances public. Most people will prefer to read the former.

• Like 2

You missed whole point. He needs that floppy working, he really don't care for the problem. + fixing one model of floppy drive is not some general solution, that's not much useful for other models.

I tried to point on that there are plenty of floppy drives around, and really no need to spend some little longer time (what would be more than half hours) on fixing some standard floppy drive.

That's pretty much opposite in case you need to fix some old retro computer like Atari - there is no much of them around, and will be less. So, that's is worth of time.

Also, not worth to spend much time to fix some regular PC PSU - you can buy new one for 12 Euros or more. I had PSU problem recently in PC, and did not even open it although I serviced lot of them in past - when they were more expensive. Just bought new one. Time is money.

Old computers, working ones are money now. Floppy drives are not money - of course talking about standard PC floppy drives.

I really appreciate everything you contribute to the Atari community, but there are times that you seem to get caught up in things that just don't matter. I have no idea why you are concerned with what Chris chooses to spend his time doing.

Keep doing awesome stuff that we all love and try to worry less about the trivial things.

• Like 1

Because he don't respect other's work and effort. And I worked for him, spent many hours doing special TOS mod for his accelerators, and he just deleted my post, where I offered that TOS mod to terriblefire (Amiga accelerator maker) . Did he forget about it after 4-5 Months, or whatever ? That was actually huge insult, disrespect and ungratefulness.

And you missed the point - it's not about his time spending - it's about what problems he put on his forum, so making all it public. I know, not everyone can see it well, what is really going on. I did not see it well in beginning, but during 1 year spent there I saw really not good things. Forums are public, you know, so not about "spend his time doing" .

So basically you bringing drama from another forum here is somehow better? Who cares? Sounds like petty nonsense. :roll:

Basically, what you write is disrespect toward someone's work, time spent making useful things for Atari users. I don't have problem that you don't care. But then just don't care to write here. Nobody cares for your attitude. Ahh, if people would care each for other as much I write here word 'care', this Planet would be much better place :)

Basically, what you write is disrespect toward someone's work, time spent making useful things for Atari users. I don't have problem that you don't care. But then just don't care to write here. Nobody cares for your attitude. Ahh, if people would care each for other as much I write here word 'care', this Planet would be much better place :)

Eh, it seems more like it is YOUR attitude people are not caring for ;) and I will write here as I please because guess what? You started this thread here in an open forum where anyone here is free to respond regardless of if you approve or not. You talk a lot about "caring" but this is still nothing more than you bring problems over from another forum to this forum, drama that apparently means a lot to you but nobody else here. You cannot complain over there anymore so you have come here to do it :dunce: Again, it comes off as a lot of petty bitching that you figured you could continue over here, really not sure what response you were expecting from anyone here but when you start threads like this well don't expect much support. :P Just because you have made useful things for the Atari community that others appreciate does not mean you can continue with silly childish threads like this without negative response.

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 5

OK, I tell ya what is the real problem with forums. Which are lead by couple people usually. They can do whatever want, and you just can't do anything. Even law does not care, because all it is just talk and words, maybe sometimes some files, some stolen picture ...

So, if someone has conflict with admin, that very often finishes with ban. And then you will see some posts about how he was bad, insulting and so on. Without any chance to say your version.

Let's say you complain to admin that he is unfair (and are all they fair ? No way, that's not real) and then he will say you that you insult him, and will ban you. And unfairness continues, since you can not write there, he will of course ignore your e-mails, etc. So, only way is to write in another forum with same thematic, orientation. What is of course not liked.

Thing hurts especially because I did a lot in that forum, helped admin, even made some SW specially for him. But he seems forgetting all it. Of course, he cares for other things. He said how he was stresses with all this about my ban (done after I posted that leaving forum), how spent lot of time ... Pure egoism - and I was not nervous over days, lost time in attempt to explain him things, and so on ? ... No, only he is what matters - yes, you got it - another unfairness. And huge selfishness, of course.

I did not expect some support. But still, I needed to say my view of things, correct lies . There are people who may care, even if not post here. There is maybe someone up there who cares ...

Edited by ParanoidLittleMan

Hi ppera, let's take a look at something here. You keep bringing up drama or criticisms from other forums on to here, yet cry foul when someone else calls you out on it. What is the common denominator of all of this drama? Think about that before you post something like this again.

• Like 6