IGNORED

My Review of Karateka...

gorfcadet

When I was a kid playing Karateka on my 7800, I found out I could get my 7800 to make cool noises and screen garbling during the game by sticking a piece of metal in the expansion port. That eventually fried the sound on my 7800. It was still more fun than Karateka.

Cool story bro.

• 5 years later...
On 12/9/2018 at 6:23 AM, gorfcadet said:

Hope everyone is doing well. This one really got me revved up. I should have quit playing sooner, but I thought I could beat it if I was just stubborn enough. I haven't got that ticked off since I was a kid trying to beat Mike Tyson in Punch Out!!

Was there a trick to dealing with the stupid green bird? The instruction manual didn't even mention the bird. No mention or advice at all. It was just there to steal health. I also didn't see much difference in the two difficulty settings.

Oh well. Back to the back of the collection drawer. I'm playing one I know I like next to get the taste out of my mouth. :) Maybe Mario Bros. or Super Huey.

A funny, yet still informative video. I love funny video game videos. Especially if I can still understand the presenter and if he doesn't curse very much. Looking forward to watching more of your videos. 

20 minutes ago, DarthDuke said:

No wonder this game was only $5 at my neighborhood game store. It was the only 7800 game they had today. We'll see how I do on it. I'll try Trebor's trick and see if it helps me get past the bird. 

It would be appropriate for game stores to pay you to take 7800 Karateka off their hands.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3