GTAIV Music Update Online

4 replies to this topic

#1 travistouchdown OFFLINE  

travistouchdown

River Patroller

• 4,462 posts
  • Do the math!

Posted Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:41 AM

So Rockstar recently releases a patch to remove a whole bunch of songs from GTAIV (great patch guys!) because the "liscences" had expired.  That's funny, I thought it used to be if a song was in a game it was in a game....?

https://www.polygon....song-list-patch

At any rate, i haven't fired up this game since the update and was wondering if I could simply turn off my Wifi when playing this game to avoid having the songs removed.

This is one in a long list of reasons modern gaming annoys me.  But the previous update was quite stable and the game is pretty complete at this point, so I see no need to do anymore updates to remove content.

Has anyone thought about this attempted this yet?

#2 travistouchdown OFFLINE  

travistouchdown

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 4,462 posts
  • Do the math!

Posted Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:43 AM

Here is what i've found so far: 

https://www.thegamer...-prevent-guide/

It says:

"The best way to avoid losing access to the songs is preventing the game from updating."

Soo----do you have the ability to decline the update I wonder, or would you turn off your wifi just to be safe?

#3 MrMaddog OFFLINE  

MrMaddog

Dragonstomper

• 889 posts
  • Not a 'gamer' but a video game player...

Posted Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:40 AM

Only way you can play the original versions of the GTA games is to buy the PC versions on disk from Amazon, and of course stay away from digital downloads.

#4 youxia OFFLINE  

youxia

Dragonstomper

• 749 posts

Posted Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:54 PM

A logical implication here should be of course Rockstar issuing a partial refund to all those who purchased the original.

But seeing as they are a very poor, struggling company it is unlikely to happen.

#5 Gamemoose OFFLINE  

Gamemoose

Dragonstomper

• 685 posts

Posted Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:16 AM

Historically you should be able to decline the update and play. I don't recall if it will bump you off PSN when you do decline or not if the game is online multiplayer.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GTAIV, Music, Update, Online

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users