Jump to content


Roller ball sensor electronics questions

Replacement parts Rollerball Trackball

2 replies to this topic

#1 alortegac OFFLINE  


    Chopper Commander

  • 212 posts

Posted Thu Jan 3, 2019 9:27 PM

These are both sides of the roller sensor. Can someone confirm what kind is it? Is it ir diode and phototransistor? What would the diagram be for this circuit/switch?
thanks a lot!

Attached Thumbnails

  • 4122911F-C44A-4B5A-A4F1-6EF24298815C.jpeg
  • A72EF1F6-EA80-4516-AE4A-BAA43A46C3F6.jpeg
  • image.jpg

Edited by alortegac, Thu Jan 3, 2019 9:29 PM.

#2 ChildOfCv OFFLINE  



  • 406 posts

Posted Fri Jan 4, 2019 12:36 PM

The one labeled "PT" is likely the phototransistors, and the side labled "IR" is likely the infrared LEDs.


Also, this dude's project page has a picture of the schematic symbol.



Edited by ChildOfCv, Fri Jan 4, 2019 12:55 PM.

#3 alortegac OFFLINE  


    Chopper Commander

  • Topic Starter
  • 212 posts

Posted Sat Jan 5, 2019 8:15 PM

This controller has been fixed! Thanks a lot!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Replacement parts, Rollerball, Trackball

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users