IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2019 (Season 12)

carlsson

Yeah, Mac OS Classic might benefit from splitting at least into 68K and PPC. On the other hand the PC DOS category contains everything from 1981 to 1996 or something like that, and I'd check every title individually to determine if it belongs to the pre-NES years or not. Same about arcade games obviously but perhaps it would be splitting hairs a bit too much.

• Like 1

My family's times for the week:

Classic Mac OS:

Age of Empires 2 (90 minutes)

Chuck Yeager's Air Combat (240 minutes)

Harry Potter-Sorcerer's Stone (90 minutes)

Lemmings (45 minutes)

Tetris--shareware version (30 minutes)

The 7th Guest (30 minutes)

TI-99/4A:

Dragon's Lair (30 minutes)

• Like 7

Here are my times for this past week (March 18th through 24th)...

Arcade:

Galaga - 3 min.

Atari 2600:

Astro Attack - 8 min.

Missile War - 16 min.

Oystron - 10 min.

Atari 7800:

Baby Pac-Man - 6 min.

Channel F:

Pac-Man - 6 min.

I had some rather short sessions on various games this week... I played the Channel F variation of Pac-Man (AKA VES Pac-Man). Don't know if this game could be improved... I'd guess it could be given enough ROM space, but I don't know if that much ROM space would be doable. Then I replayed Baby Pac-Man on the Atari 7800, but I didn't come very far because I haven't played it for a long time. Nevertheless, the maze part is pretty smooth compared to VES Pac-Man.

Then I played a short session (1 game) of Galaga and three Atari 2600 games from back in the day. Astro Attack and Missile War are the names of two of them, but they go by other names as well. To clarify, Astro Attack is this one:

And Missile War is this one:

I had both carts back in the day, though my Missile War cart was actually called "Sea Monster". And the ROM copy I have in Stella is called "Astro Wars", while the ROM copy of "Astro Attack" is called "Time Warp". Go figure...

Then I also played Oystron which is somewhat similar to Missile War, but much more colorful.

In Missile War, I beat the 50,000 points barrier, but didn't get much further. In Oystron, I think I got to Level 3 while I played Astro Attack until I had passed the first labyrinth screen. In Galaga, I think I reached Level 3, and I don't know exactly how far I got in Channel F Pac-Man, but I think it was Level 3 as well. In Baby Pac-Man it was the 2nd maze.

• Like 6

5200-

Centipede- 10min

XEGS-

Alpha Shield- 25min

Escape- 20min

Carnival- 45min

Collision Course- 45min

Crab Nebula- 25min

Looks like the A8 HSC is enjoying the little simple games I've been loving for years. it doesn't always take RAM stretching magic tricks to make a good game. ;)

• Like 6

My times for the week:

NES:
Krusty’s Fun House - 250 min.
Star Voyager - 153 min.
Watara Supervision:
Cave Wonders - 2 min.
John Adventure - 30 min.
Tennis Pro ’92 - 39 min.
Witty Cat - 2 min.
Played some Watara Supervision in emulation, beating the handheld's one tennis game (which is almost OK except for a huge oversight in the game's rules) and playing around with a few others, especially the Dr. Mario clone John Adventure.
Then I beat Star Voyager for the fourth time (IIRC), and cleared the second area in Krusty's Fun House, another game in the fine tradition of puzzle-platformers that artificially extend their lifespans by forcing you to beat a large number of levels between passwords. In this case, it's as many as 14 levels that need to be cleared before you get a password. :mad:
  • Like 5

Arcade

Arkanoid 11

Blaster 5*

Computer Space 5

Death Race 14*

Dk Jr Remix 18

Gaplus 5

Mad Planets 9

Major Havoc 10

Qbert 6

Quantum 12

Rampage World Tour 8

Star Wars 7

Stunt Cycle 4*

Tron 7

Wacko 6

Atari 2600

DK Arcade (RC1) 27

Win 95/98

Microsoft Pinball Arcade 84

***INELIGIBLE***

Pinball

Bowl-O (Bally)

AC DC

Attack from Mars

Attila the Hun

Austin Powers

Bride of Pinbot

Combat

Deadpool

Elvira

Flash Gordon

Getaway

Ghostbusters

Iron Maiden

Jack Bot

Joker Poker

Monday Night Football

Monster Bash

Munsters

Pit Stop

Spinal Tap*

Star Trek (Stern)

Star Wars (data east)

Star Wars Ep1

Terminator 2

Thunderbirds (Homepin)*

World Cup Soccer 94

World Poker Tour

Well, it was the Texas Pinball Festival this weekend, so as in past years, I played quite a bit of arcade and pinball games. Some highlights of the show this year were two hobbyist pinball tables Spinal Tap and Thunderbirds:

post-5812-0-06902700-1553485521_thumb.jpgpost-5812-0-27243700-1553485541_thumb.jpg

There were also some pretty old and rare arcade games there including Death Race and Stunt Cycle from 1976.

post-5812-0-01216400-1553485871_thumb.jpgpost-5812-0-76017500-1553485899_thumb.jpg

Blaster is an extreme rarity, but this one was likely a reproduction. Still fun to find and play such a sacred piece of vaporware in a cabinet (that's not me playing).

post-5812-0-28767000-1553485929_thumb.jpg

Finally, someone bothered to make a full sized two player arcade cabinet for the SNES version of Zombies Ate My Neighbors. It looked great, but there were no neighbors around to play with me, so I just took a photo.

post-5812-0-09221900-1553485956_thumb.jpg

Here's some more ineligible stuff from this week:

PC

An Assassin in Orlandes 184

Pinball Arcade, The 44

PS4

Astro Bot Rescue Mission 18

Persistence, The 11

Pinball Arcade, The 20

PS VR Worlds 7

Skyrim VR 50

X360

Pinball Hall of Fame 81

XOne

Stern Pinball Arcade 77

• Like 6

Atari 2600

Fatal Run: 5 min

Frogger: 20 min

Mission 3,000: 3 min

Moon Patrol: 8 min

Commodore 64

Bruce Lee: 8 min

A shame that I had so little time that week. We played Frogger on difficulty A in the HSC, and I love that game. Only had time to squeeze one quick session in, leaving me about 2k points short of my previous personal best.

The 8 minutes of Bruce Lee were played on original hardware. Even while visiting my dad over the weekend, I just had time enough to fire up the C64 for one playthrough.

• Like 4

CPC464

3D Starstrike - 45min

Adventures of Timmy Gun - 10min

Akalabeth - 30min

Baba's Palace - 10min

Chuckie Egg - 30min

Dawn of Kernal - 15min

Donkey Kong - 10min

El Tesoro Perdido De Cuauhtemoc - 15min

This one requires 128k RAM upgrade

Lode Runner - 15min

Operation Alexandra - 50min

Pac-Man Arcade - 15min

R-Type Remake - 20min

Sub Hunter - 20min

464 Plus

Burning Rubber - 20min

Pang - 30min

RoboCop 2 - 15min

Edited by Iwantgames:)
  • Like 5

It was another Switch heavy week around here this past week, but once again no picture for the week since at the moment both of my Switch Joy-Cons are at Nintendo's US repair center getting fixed up. The left one had an issue with the rumble motor not working correctly and the right one had a stuck R button. Thankfully in the meantime I've still got my 8BitDo SN30 Pro controller and the misses still has her 8BitDo GBros adapter for her Wii arcade stick, so we've still been playing Switch games on the TV in docked mode and in tabletop mode while I wait for my Joy-Cons to get fixed. :)

Ineligible

Dust: An Elysian Tail (Nintendo Switch) - 585 minutes
Night in the Woods (Nintendo Switch) - 585 minutes

Resident Evil: Revelations (Nintendo 3DS) - 281 minutes
Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (Nintendo Switch) - 85 minutes
Sonic Mania Plus (Nintendo Switch) - 80 minutes

Arcade (Played on Namco Musuem Arcade Pac for Nintendo Switch)
Galaga '88 - 10 minutes
Pac-Man - 13 minutes
Sky Kid - 4 minutes
Splatterhouse - 4 minutes
Tank Force - 9 minutes

Sega Genesis
Splatterhouse 2 - 98 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week
1,754 minutes (29 hours 14 minutes) [138 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week
Nintendo Switch: 1,335 minutes
Nintendo 3DS: 281 minutes
Sega Genesis: 98 minutes
Arcade: 40 minutes

We finished a lot of Switch games that we started over the last month or so this past week. First I beat Resident Evil: Revelations 2, then the misses finished off her play through of Sonic Mania Plus. Both were absolutely awesome games and well worth the price of admission, as was the following game we played together over the course of the next few days.

That game was Night in the Woods, and holy moly did this game ever have the most personally impactful story that I've ever encountered in a video game. It wasn't the happiest of stories, dealing with deeply personal subjects like anxiety, depression, and failing out of college for mental health reasons; but I'll be darned if it wasn't the best story I've ever experienced in a game. In spite of the heavy subject matter it was actually lot of fun to play, consisting mostly of light platforming and exploration interspersed with some rhythm mini-games and chalked to the brim shockingly hilarious dialog presented through a Choose Your Own Adventure style format. I'd definitely recommend Night in the Woods to anyone who's dealt with the aforementioned issues. It's a strikingly relatable game with a story that'll really stick with you.

With those games in the bag I did a quick play through of Splatterhouse 2 on the Genesis (which is definitely my favorite game in the whole series) then decided to go back and replay the original Resident Evil: Revelations on the 3DS, since I think I actually liked the original a bit more than Revelations 2, but it wasn't long before I got totally distracted by Dust: An Elysian Tail on the Switch. Being a furry it's no surprise that Dust captivated me pretty much instantly, but it's also got some fantastic gameplay and storytelling that will appeal to anyone who enjoys a good Metroidvania style hack 'n slash game. Anyone who has played Muramasa: The Demon Blade will feel right at home in Dust, as it plays very similarly and looks just as beautiful.

Looking ahead to next week I plan to continue my play throughs of Dust: An Elysian Tail and Resident Evil: Revelations, and the misses just got back to her game of Doom on the PlayStation this morning so it looks like that's what'll be occupying her gaming time next week. Hopefully I'll get my repaired Joy-Cons back from Nintendo in a week or two, but until then I don't mind just playing the Switch docked on the TV and sticking to my trusty 3DS for portable gaming. As always, best wishes and happy gaming to you and yours! :)

Edited by Jin
  • Like 5

Here's the summary for Week 12, running from March 18 - 24. We logged 3050 minutes of eligible play, playing 81 games on a total of 18 systems.

Top 10:

1. Krusty's Fun House (NES/Famicom) - 250 min.
2. Chuck Yeager's Air Combat (Mac OS Classic) - 240 min.
3. Frogger (Atari 2600) - 173 min.
4. Shanghai (Atari Lynx) - 169 min.
5. Star Voyager (NES/Famicom) - 153 min.
6. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 139 min.
7. Kaboom! (Atari 2600) - 135 min.
8. Collision Course (Atari 8-bit) - 100 min.
9. Splatterhouse 2 (Genesis) - 98 min.
10. Age of Empires 2 (Mac OS Classic) - 90 min.
10. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Mac OS Classic) - 90 min.

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Frogger (Atari 2600) - 173 min.
2. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 139 min.
3. Kaboom! (Atari 2600) - 135 min.
4. Collision Course (Atari 8-bit) - 100 min.
5. Asteroids (Atari 2600) - 85 min.
6. Escape [Gary Ryan] (Atari 8-bit) - 79 min.
7. Carnival (Atari 8-bit) - 54 min.
8. Alpha Shield (Atari 8-bit) - 53 min.
9. Operation Alexandra (Amstrad CPC) - 50 min.
10. Mario Bros. (Atari 2600) - 46 min.

Top 10 systems:

1. Atari 2600 (663)
2. Mac OS Classic (525)
3. NES/Famicom (403)
4. Atari 8-bit/XEGS (322)
5. Amstrad CPC (285)
6. Atari Lynx (183)
7. Arcade (170)
8. Dreamcast (109)
9. Genesis (98)
10. PC (Windows 95/98) (84)

Krusty & Chuck, sounds like a dynamic duo - perhaps comedians? Those two take the top spots this week, while Frogger on the 2600 is the most played pre-NES game. Also a new system entered this week as we now list the Amstrad CPC 464 Plus and 6128 Plus separate from the previous CPC models.

No minute club barriers exceeded this week, though we're just two games short of having 8800 more or less unique games in the tracker.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 7

TO JIN,

ONLY 1 week to end the 2600 NEW High Score Club Season 8. Week 25 (Final Round) is in progress with one of more popular Arcade games - MARIO BROS.

Your current ranking after Week 24 (Frogger):

Current Bronze Medal Bracket

815 Gtype

788 AGB

785 Darthkur

739 Atarian7

719 Scrabbler

684 JIN

676 RedMiller

657 Leto

Remember: you are in the TOP 24 - Bronze Medal Zone at the moment.

The TOP 24 will qualify for the Medal Bracket Challenge!

By qualifying for the Medal Bracket Challenge you will automatically be entered into a drawing for PRIZES!

Bronze Medal Bracket (Top 17-24 Players)

Random Drawing for $25 Gift Certificate for the AtariAge store

• Like 3

I've played a pretty significant amount of Final Fantasy 7 this week- it just squeaks by as definition of 'classic' (I looked it up on the first page, lol)!

Since it's now the weekend I'm not sure the total time yet- I'll make sure I post tomorrow evening or Monday morning. :)

• Like 4

Amstrad/Schneider CPC

Bruce Lee: 30 min

VIC 20

Avenger: 7 min

Rat Race: 5 min

Vectrex

Mine Storm: 5 min

Armor Attack: 7 min

Vector Pilot: 10 min

Sharp 68000

Chourensha: 10 min

Philips G7000

Gunfighter (#14): 3 min

Atari 2600

Frogger: 10 min

Mario Bros: 10 min

Atari 800

Mashed Turtles: 6 min

A ton of variety this week. The reason is that yesterday, I was at the DoReCo in the Heinz Nixdorf Museums Forum in Paderborn/Germany. Lots of geeks soldering, lots of systems ready to play, lots of fun conversations.

Noteworthy among the games are Mashed Turtles on the Atari 8-bit (a Freeway-like game for 8 players - simultaneously) and Vector Pilot (an excellent and very hard port of Space Pilot) for the Vectrex. I also had the opportunity to play through the Bruce Lee port for the CPC twice, which is one of my all-time favourite games on the C64. Took me a while to get used to the slightly different mechanics. It was very helpful that the guy who had set up the CPC had hacked 99 lives into the game :-).

• Like 4