Photo

World's largest Pac-Man?

7 replies to this topic

#1 scotty OFFLINE  

scotty

Moonsweeper

• 434 posts
  • I have, but have **YOU** played Atari today?

Posted Wed Jan 9, 2019 9:05 PM

Anybody want to take a chance at this?  Basically it is plain, every day Pac-Man, but the fruit travels through the maze like Ms. Pac-Man but randomly changes as it bounces.    Should not be too hard, right?

Here is a video....  

Attached Thumbnails

• 13163_1000x1000.jpg

#2 TrekMD OFFLINE  

TrekMD

River Patroller

• 3,830 posts

Posted Wed Jan 9, 2019 9:19 PM

That's cool and it sure is big!

#3 supercoupe91 OFFLINE  

supercoupe91

Chopper Commander

• 114 posts

Posted Wed Jan 9, 2019 9:23 PM

I've tried this and the Galaga one. Way harder than the originals since you don't have everything right in front of you and have to constantly move your head. Cool novelty, but I'd rather play the original cabinet.

#4 scotty OFFLINE  

scotty

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 434 posts

Posted Wed Jan 9, 2019 11:08 PM

I prefer a smaller cabinet, but I do like how the fruit moves like Ms. Pac-Man and changes constantly.

#5 oxy OFFLINE  

oxy

Space Invader

• 26 posts

Posted Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:42 AM

I want one!

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

#6 ChildOfCv OFFLINE  

ChildOfCv

Star Raider

• 84 posts

Posted Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:04 PM

The local Round 1 has one of those.  I think it also has Galaga built in.  It also seems to allow simultaneous 2-player games.

#7 SpiceWare OFFLINE  

SpiceWare

Draconian

• 12,548 posts
  • Medieval Mayhem

Posted Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:02 PM

Anybody want to take a chance at this?  Basically it is plain, every day Pac-Man, but the fruit travels through the maze like Ms. Pac-Man but randomly changes as it bounces.    Should not be too hard, right?

sramirez2008 and I played it at the Houston Arcade Expo, it also features concurrent 2-player gameplay - note the yellow Pac-Man at bottom right and green Pac-Man at top-left.  That changed the dynamic for the power pellets as you'd earn more points if you let the other player gobble ghosts near them first.

IMG_0309.jpg

Galaga's also in it, but we didn't notice any changes like Pac-Man's new 2-player mode.
IMG_0310.jpg

#8 scotty OFFLINE  

scotty

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 434 posts

Posted Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:11 PM

sramirez2008 and I played it at the Houston Arcade Expo, it also features concurrent 2-player gameplay - note the yellow Pac-Man at bottom right and green Pac-Man at top-left.  That changed the dynamic for the power pellets as you'd earn more points if you let the other player gobble ghosts near them first.

There is a GREAT game (as in this is the game that made me buy the computer) called Footman for the Amiga.  It has a maze designer, the fruit actually does a Ms. Pac-Man through the maze, and it is TWO PLAYER.   One gobbler being yellow, and player two........  you guessed it, is green!   Amaizing game!!  Even the stereo sound is incredible.  Player one dots are in the left speaker and player two is in the right.   

Edited by scotty, Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:14 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users