Photo

F18A issue

3 replies to this topic

#1 killersquirel OFFLINE  

killersquirel

Dragonstomper

• 770 posts

Posted Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:18 AM

I'm having a little trouble with my F18A modded ColecoVision. The white color is more bluish and the colors are a little muted. After playing for a bit they sometimes will correct itself, and possibly go back to the bluish hue. I'm thinking that it's a solder issue to the vga connector. Does anyone have any information as to what exactly is happening and how to fix? I will open it up later today after I get done with work and see what's happening in the inside. 

#2 matthew180 OFFLINE  

matthew180

River Patroller

• 2,606 posts

Posted Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:50 AM

I have seen the VGA ribbon cable fail and cause color issues. I do not have any more myself, but they can be purchased here:

https://www.pccables.../products/07129

Unless your system is in a humid or damp environment, I'm pretty sure the problem is not the soldering of the VGA header on the F18A.

#3 killersquirel OFFLINE  

killersquirel

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 770 posts

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:33 PM

Thank you Mathew. I'm in the mountains of Oahu in Hawaii, so not that bad with humidity here. I think it probably is the ribbon cable and I will be ordering one. Thank you for the advice and the link for the ordering of a new cable. 

Edited by killersquirel, Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:35 PM.

#4 killersquirel OFFLINE  

killersquirel

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 770 posts

Posted Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:39 PM

I have seen the VGA ribbon cable fail and cause color issues. I do not have any more myself, but they can be purchased here:

https://www.pccables.../products/07129

Unless your system is in a humid or damp environment, I'm pretty sure the problem is not the soldering of the VGA header on the F18A.

I got the new cable and just installed it now. Everything works perfectly! Thank you for your help.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users