A new release is now available (v0.1.6) which adds preliminary Linux and macOS support! The following changes have been made.
- Fixed issues with chmod permissions for Linux and macOS (hopeully!)
- Added extension support for Linux (and macOS?) users. Linux users on a 64-bit OS will need to ensure they can execute 32-bit applications
- Added dasm executables for Linux and macOS users to compile assembly
- Added message for Linux and macOS user to configure the emulator path when attempting to launch a game
- [Breaking] Updated setting dasm.compilerFolder to dasm.compilerPath so the user can now set the filename (more flexibility)
- Removed setting emulator.use64BitEmulator as the extension will now determine which release to use based on the architecture detected (Windows only for now)
- Removed the bbtemplatedpc starting DPC+ game template snippet as we now have templates available from the Welcome page
I've tested this on Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS x64 release via Hyper-V but have yet to test on macOS and are assuming some level of issues.
For Linux users you will be required to install support for 32-bit applications. I completed the following:
sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386 sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install lib32ncurses5 lib32z1
NOTE: I've updated the release to include a specific fix for chmod permissions for Linux and macOS - hopefully this fixes the permission denied errors (has in my case)
Edited by mksmith, Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:46 PM.