Photo

Possible to run a game from the Memory Track?

5 replies to this topic

#1 CrazyChris OFFLINE  

CrazyChris

Dragonstomper

• 947 posts

Posted Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:40 AM

Would it be possible to run a game from the Jaguar Memory Track?

#2 madman OFFLINE  

madman

River Patroller

• 2,834 posts

Posted Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:48 AM

Well the flash chip on the memory track is only capable of storing 1mbit of data, so there isn't much to work with. The only way I could think of would be to have code on a CD that reads the entire contents of the flash chip and then puts it into the Jag's memory to run. But that seems like a total waste of time, you might as well just burn your 1mbit of code onto a CD.

#3 skip OFFLINE  

skip

Moonsweeper

• 411 posts

Posted Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:47 AM

I did plug the Memory Track into the Jag without the CD back in the day. I hoped to find something secret and small, some Jag enhanced Pong or Asteroids game or something. All I got was the standard Memory Track interface. I suppose I should be amazed that it even worked haha ;)

#4 CrazyChris OFFLINE  

CrazyChris

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 947 posts

Posted Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:39 AM

I did plug the Memory Track into the Jag without the CD back in the day. I hoped to find something secret and small, some Jag enhanced Pong or Asteroids game or something. All I got was the standard Memory Track interface. I suppose I should be amazed that it even worked haha ;)

This was actually my next question.

#5 CrazyChris OFFLINE  

CrazyChris

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 947 posts

Posted Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:41 AM

Possible to flash via BJL?

#6 swapd0 ONLINE  

swapd0

Moonsweeper

• 382 posts

Posted Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:52 AM

To make BJL works you a loader program into the jaguar, how you can have it running with the memory track on? The only solution it's to load it from the CD or replace the ROM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users