IGNORED

VAST TI-99/4A Computer Club - Skype & Webcams

Omega-TI

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice!!!

On the picture rotation--I'm assuming you're trying to upload from your mobile device? this happens quite a bit to me as well... I have learned that opening your picture in an editor and then saving it (whether you edit it or not) will fix this problem. Don't know why though...

• Like 1

Another Percom TX-99! Such a nice little sidecar BITD--an SD Disk Controller with a drive built into the same box. I used to have one back in the late eighties--but I lent it to a friend and never saw it again. Arcadeshopper kindly provided me a replacement a couple of years back that he received as part of a miscellaneous equipment purchase. It is now part of my compatibility and test rig. :)

• Like 3

Ksarul (or Arcadeshopper) - speaking of the TX99 - I can't seem to locate my cable. Is there any chance one of you gentlemen have the parts to make one up for me? I wanted to do a demo for Airshack but couldn't because of the missing cable.

i can make drive cables, do you know what connectors you need? i have them in stock on my store.. pin to card edge or card edge to card edge or card edge to pin or whatever you need

can you get me a photo of the connectors? The reason i ask is 44pin is not available, but a 50pin could be used in the space possibly, if not we can cut down a 50pin to 44 and then hand wire it up.. but that's some serious labor.. iec quoted me $25 for the hand wired one, if we can use a 50 pin then i have piles of them from old scsi drives

Greg

It is a 44-pin connector with .100 pin spacing--and they are definitely hard to find. It might make sense to make a small circuit card with the correct 44-pin edge connector on it (the ones I use for the 32K sidecars would have the right amount of standoff space) and then use a regular 44-pin header connector type cable to connect to an identical board on the other end. It would be a bit pricey, as the 44-pin edge connectors cost about $7-$8 each, and then you have to add the header connectors, boards, and the cable, but it would work without the possibility of a hand-wired, cut down connector imploding during insertion or removal.

IEC used KELAM connectors for this cable--and they are out of them as of about two years ago. So far as I (and they) have been able to determine, no suppliers on the planet still have any buried in their parts storage. . .IEC was originally founded to supply cables to the TI community too (the owner still has one), so they have been a community supporter for a long time.

• Like 1