Photo

Do you wear video game themed or inspired clothes?

28 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you wear video game themed or inspired clothes? (67 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you wear video game themed or inspired clothes?

1. Yep, I sure do! (44 votes [65.67%])

Percentage of vote: 65.67%

2. Not a chance! (14 votes [20.90%])

Percentage of vote: 20.90%

3. I have before but not anymore. (9 votes [13.43%])

Percentage of vote: 13.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 slx OFFLINE  

slx

Stargunner

• 1,679 posts

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:21 PM

Have a couple, only "pure game" themed is Asteroids (arcade vector graphics), but maybe half a dozen retro computing themed ones.

#27 Shift838 OFFLINE  

Shift838

River Patroller

• 2,506 posts
  • SHIFT838

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:48 PM

I have an Atari, Nintendo and TI-99/4A shirts.  And soon when my wife makes it a Myarc Geneve 9640 shirt.

#28 Nathan Strum ONLINE  

Nathan Strum

Quadrunner

• 8,309 posts
  • Enjoying a sandwich

Posted Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:11 PM

Nope. I stopped wearing T-shirts with printing on them in my 30's. The designs would wear out before the shirts did, and made them look clunky. Plus I don't really feel the need to advertise things for other people.

#29 MrBlackCat OFFLINE  

MrBlackCat

Chopper Commander

• 204 posts

Posted Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:18 PM

I wear gaming related clothing almost all the time.  In the 90's, I made my own t-shirts from printer-transfers which you sealed.  They did not hold up well, so I was constantly re-making them.

Later, as custom printed shirts became more common, I started having custom shirts made which are worn once of twice a month and last for many years with that rate of laundering.

I own about 20 different shirts with game box art, screen shots, and logos from arcade classics like Galaga, Pac Man, Atari, Nintendo etc.

In addition to custom shirts, I also have many official shirts from video games like Duke Nukem 3D (several types), Duke Nukem Manhattan Project, Duke Nukem Forever, Daikatana, Super Noahs Ark 3D, Dangerous Dave, DooM 1 2 3 and Final DooM, Quake 1, 2, & 4, and modern stuff up to Red Dead Redemption II and several others I can't think of.

In addition to shirts, I have/wear four belt buckles... Duke Nukems nuke symbol, Packman screenshot, Nintendo chrome/enamel controller, and color enameled Atari logo.

I did get the Nintendo controller pattern Vans high-tops.

I see a lot of socially based comments about appropriateness... but I don't concern myself too much with preferences of society and its trends, or concerns with advertising for others etc... I see this as fitting for myself as this is a fair representation of one of my greater interests.  Not just relative to clothing, I do WAY more of what I am comfortable with vs what is appropriate for persons I don't know to feel comfortable with.  I have almost no level of trend compliance I suppose.  I am also non-social, so this isn't an issue. :D

I had to select Yep, I sure do because there wasn't a "oh HELL yeah, I wear video game related clothing!" option.

Oh, and I have a Duke Nukem door mat and pillow case both in use... lets not forget those.

MrBlackCat

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users