Photo

Do you wear video game themed or inspired clothes?

47 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you wear video game themed or inspired clothes? (115 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you wear video game themed or inspired clothes?

1. Yep, I sure do! (84 votes [73.04%])

Percentage of vote: 73.04%

2. Not a chance! (18 votes [15.65%])

Percentage of vote: 15.65%

3. I have before but not anymore. (13 votes [11.30%])

Percentage of vote: 11.30%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 slx OFFLINE  

slx

Stargunner

• 1,789 posts

Posted Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:21 PM

Have a couple, only "pure game" themed is Asteroids (arcade vector graphics), but maybe half a dozen retro computing themed ones.

#27 Shift838 OFFLINE  

Shift838

River Patroller

• 2,567 posts
  • SHIFT838

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:48 PM

I have an Atari, Nintendo and TI-99/4A shirts.  And soon when my wife makes it a Myarc Geneve 9640 shirt.

#28 Nathan Strum OFFLINE  

Nathan Strum

Quadrunner

• 8,399 posts
  • Enjoying a sandwich

Posted Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:11 PM

Nope. I stopped wearing T-shirts with printing on them in my 30's. The designs would wear out before the shirts did, and made them look clunky. Plus I don't really feel the need to advertise things for other people.

#29 MrBlackCat OFFLINE  

MrBlackCat

Chopper Commander

• 206 posts

Posted Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:18 PM

I wear gaming related clothing almost all the time.  In the 90's, I made my own t-shirts from printer-transfers which you sealed.  They did not hold up well, so I was constantly re-making them.

Later, as custom printed shirts became more common, I started having custom shirts made which are worn once of twice a month and last for many years with that rate of laundering.

I own about 20 different shirts with game box art, screen shots, and logos from arcade classics like Galaga, Pac Man, Atari, Nintendo etc.

In addition to custom shirts, I also have many official shirts from video games like Duke Nukem 3D (several types), Duke Nukem Manhattan Project, Duke Nukem Forever, Daikatana, Super Noahs Ark 3D, Dangerous Dave, DooM 1 2 3 and Final DooM, Quake 1, 2, & 4, and modern stuff up to Red Dead Redemption II and several others I can't think of.

In addition to shirts, I have/wear four belt buckles... Duke Nukems nuke symbol, Packman screenshot, Nintendo chrome/enamel controller, and color enameled Atari logo.

I did get the Nintendo controller pattern Vans high-tops.

I see a lot of socially based comments about appropriateness... but I don't concern myself too much with preferences of society and its trends, or concerns with advertising for others etc... I see this as fitting for myself as this is a fair representation of one of my greater interests.  Not just relative to clothing, I do WAY more of what I am comfortable with vs what is appropriate for persons I don't know to feel comfortable with.  I have almost no level of trend compliance I suppose.  I am also non-social, so this isn't an issue. :D

I had to select Yep, I sure do because there wasn't a "oh HELL yeah, I wear video game related clothing!" option.

Oh, and I have a Duke Nukem door mat and pillow case both in use... lets not forget those.

MrBlackCat

#30 doctorclu OFFLINE  

doctorclu

***Moon Patrol 5200*** *Moon Master2015* *Blue Max:Class 4*

• 7,784 posts
  • *Star Raiders 2* **Captain -CL 2**

Posted Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:23 AM

Need more Jaguar and Bubsy related clothing!

#31 Jamcat Reloaded OFFLINE  

Jamcat Reloaded

Chopper Commander

• 111 posts

Posted Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:44 PM

Just a couple Atari logo tees. That's it.

#32 SmellyJelly OFFLINE  

SmellyJelly

Combat Commando

• 4 posts
  • :^)

Posted Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:57 PM

I've got a few T-Shirts/Beanies that are video game related

-N64 Shirt

-A shirt that has the cartridge art for Berserk

-Jaguar logo shirt

-Playstation controller symbols shirt

-Dreamcast Beanie

-Atari 2600 Beanie

-The Nintendo 1-up mushroom vans

I also have a few pokemon shirts laying around somewhere

Edited by SmellyJelly, Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:58 PM.

#33 matthew954 OFFLINE  

matthew954

Chopper Commander

• 131 posts

Posted Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:15 PM

I have shirts for Mario, several Zelda (including one for the symphony), some Sonic, but several Atari including Pacman, Tempest and Adventure.  Pretty much most of my shirts are video game related.  I also have a Mario logo baseball cap, and Cappy from Super Mario Odyssey.

Edited by matthew954, Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:16 PM.

#34 cybercylon OFFLINE  

cybercylon

River Patroller

• 2,679 posts

Posted Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:17 PM

I have a Super Mario World t-shirt as well as Legend of Zelda, and a Pac-Man shirt that says Gamer Things over in in Stranger Things lettering.

I work in a very casual environment, so I can wear them there if I want to.

#35 Bubbabyte OFFLINE  

Bubbabyte

Space Invader

• 22 posts
  • Has PAC-MAN fever.

Posted Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:20 PM

These are some of mine. I also have a few others, like one that says "I went outside once. The graphics weren't that great."

s-l300.jpgjkgjhkgjkgjkjgh_1024x1024.jpg?v=15246346s-l300.jpg

#36 doctorclu OFFLINE  

doctorclu

***Moon Patrol 5200*** *Moon Master2015* *Blue Max:Class 4*

• 7,784 posts
  • *Star Raiders 2* **Captain -CL 2**

Posted Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:29 AM

Love the Mario Kart one.  :D

#37 Curious Sofa OFFLINE  

Curious Sofa

Dragonstomper

• 922 posts

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:46 PM

I had a really cool Gunblade NY t-shirt that I sold on ebay years and years ago, now strongly regret.  Also had a really great Saturn NiGHts shirt that I outgrew and sold.

Still have a some treasured VG shirts - Space Channel 5, Halo Wars, the original StarCraft, Castle Crashers, and recently grabbed one of the Target Atari shirts because I liked the design (even though I see them on people online and in person too often for my taste, hate being common :) ).  Got some really cool Mortal Kombat, Moon Patrol, and Joust shirts at the PRGC that I got to go to a few years back, wish I would have gotten more from that vendor.  I get compliments on both the Joust and MK shirt every time I wear them.  Not just men either, a female clerk at Pier 1 was all "sweet Mortal Kombat shirt - I still love that game!".  It's just a black shirt with a red MK Dragon logo, simple and pure.  :)

#38 Shawn OFFLINE  

Shawn

As Above

• Topic Starter
  • 18,985 posts
  • So Below

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:28 PM

I had a really cool Gunblade NY t-shirt that I sold on ebay years and years ago, now strongly regret.  Also had a really great Saturn NiGHts shirt that I outgrew and sold.

Still have a some treasured VG shirts - Space Channel 5, Halo Wars, the original StarCraft, Castle Crashers, and recently grabbed one of the Target Atari shirts because I liked the design (even though I see them on people online and in person too often for my taste, hate being common :) ).  Got some really cool Mortal Kombat, Moon Patrol, and Joust shirts at the PRGC that I got to go to a few years back, wish I would have gotten more from that vendor.  I get compliments on both the Joust and MK shirt every time I wear them.  Not just men either, a female clerk at Pier 1 was all "sweet Mortal Kombat shirt - I still love that game!".  It's just a black shirt with a red MK Dragon logo, simple and pure.  :)

I was at Wal-Mart the other day and they had a new MK shirt using the older style graphic so keep an eye out for those :)

#39 SpiceWare OFFLINE  

SpiceWare

Draconian

• 12,755 posts
  • Medieval Mayhem

Posted Tue Apr 2, 2019 12:24 PM

I have a few I wear at retrogaming events. Seldom at other times. The Medieval Mayhem one was a gift from friends. If I'd had it made I'd have done the SpiceWare logo a bit differently.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1149.jpg
  • IMG_1151.jpg
  • IMG_1152.jpg
  • IMG_1153.jpg
  • IMG_0307.jpg
  • IMG_0308.jpg

#40 sramirez2008 ONLINE  

sramirez2008

River Patroller

• 2,893 posts
  • Stella Foreva

Posted Tue Apr 2, 2019 2:05 PM

Love 'em all, but the Flynn's Arcade shirt #1 in my book. :thumbsup:   You may be the last person with one, at least one that still looks new.  :)

#41 VectorGamer OFFLINE  

VectorGamer

Go Sleep In the Cold

• 15,155 posts
  • \m/

Posted Tue Apr 2, 2019 2:06 PM

You may be the last person with one, at least one that still looks new.  icon_smile.gif

I have one

#42 BassGuitari OFFLINE  

BassGuitari

Glorified Toaster

• 6,975 posts
  • Remember how bright the future used to look?

Posted Fri Apr 5, 2019 5:36 PM

I see a lot of socially based comments about appropriateness... but I don't concern myself too much with preferences of society and its trends, or concerns with advertising for others etc... I see this as fitting for myself as this is a fair representation of one of my greater interests.  Not just relative to clothing, I do WAY more of what I am comfortable with vs what is appropriate for persons I don't know to feel comfortable with.  I have almost no level of trend compliance I suppose.  I am also non-social, so this isn't an issue. :D

You do you, buddy.

#43 retrorussell OFFLINE  

retrorussell

Quadrunner

• 8,733 posts
  • This is DELICIOUS! YES! YES!

Posted Sat Apr 6, 2019 12:38 PM

Today: Wearing a dark gray t shirt with a classic NES controller on it.

#44 Captain Kiwi OFFLINE  

Captain Kiwi

Star Raider

• 87 posts

Posted Tue Apr 9, 2019 7:07 AM

When I was a wee lad I had Mario 3 pajamas Does that count?

Now I have a Nintendo and Atari shirt (general systems) and a Tempest and a Zork themed shirt

#45 Nuclear Pacman OFFLINE  

Nuclear Pacman

River Patroller

• 2,858 posts
  • L33T

Posted Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:57 PM

Heck yes, if I'm dressed casual or lounging around the house, I'm most likely wearing a video game t-shirt. Probably half of them were simply acquired at Target or some other local store. The rest I special purchased online:

First up, here's my most special shirt, only because it's the oldest shirt I own, it's over 25 years old and in pretty good shape:

IMG_0680.JPG

Here are some Pac-Man shirts:

IMG_0669.JPG   IMG_0671.JPG

IMG_0672.JPG   IMG_0674.JPG

IMG_0668.JPG   IMG_0677.JPG

IMG_0679.JPG

ATARI:

IMG_0664.JPG   IMG_0665.JPG

My favorite ATARI, it's a raver hoodie. I've had lots of compliments with this one:

IMG_0678.JPG

Jaguar:

IMG_0667.JPG

Specialty:

IMG_0666.JPG IMG_0670.JPG

IMG_0673.JPG IMG_0675.JPG

IMG_0676.JPG

#46 ClassicGMR OFFLINE  

ClassicGMR

Stargunner

• 1,494 posts

Posted Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:59 AM

i would wear almost every shirt here :)

#47 TheCoolDave OFFLINE  

TheCoolDave

Moonsweeper

• 300 posts

Posted Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:50 PM

I've got a collection... 

I even have 2 of the Atari E.T. Excavation t-shirts. I didn't get to go but, as soon as it was done, I watched on ebay found someone with 2 of them and I paid $10 for both....One to wear, one to keep sealed in a bag.. Seeing that they sold on ebay for over $200, it appears I made a good investment..

If you don't remember what they look like....

naomiAtariShirt.jpg

I hunted for a picture of the shirt but, for some reason, I really liked this one :)

Edited by TheCoolDave, Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:57 PM.

#48 Nuclear Pacman OFFLINE  

Nuclear Pacman

River Patroller

• 2,858 posts
  • L33T

Posted Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:18 AM

I don't see any shirt there.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users