IGNORED

HSC Season 10 - Game 5 - TRON DEADLY DISCS

scalpel

My buttons are not working for me with Tron Deadly Discs. Using Nostalgia. Buttons work fine with other games like Centipede, but not Tron. Might have to play later on the Intellivision...

The intellivision controller has 15 buttons. Deadly Discs uses nine of them.

You guys are hitting some crazy scores. I should probably read the manual to see how scoring works :P My first attempt was 8000.

For high scores, learn how to take out the recognisers. Edited by mr_me

The intellivision controller has 15 buttons. Deadly Discs uses nine of them.

For high scores, learn how to take out the recognisers.

Easier said than done. I've read the manual and understand that I have to attack its eye when it turns white. The trouble is, I have never once actually been able to beat a recognizer. [emoji3525]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Easier said than done. I've read the manual and understand that I have to attack its eye when it turns white. The trouble is, I have never once actually been able to beat a recognizer. [emoji3525]

Its all about lining up to the right spot as its coming out.

It always stops at the same spot. So mark a spot in the grid and use that to line up. Depends on which side it comes out. Youll be on the left or right.

The best way to hit a recognizer is from a diagonal angle. You can hit it from straight above it,but that is harder and you have less time to run away if you miss.

Also,as Bamse said the more doors you have open the more shots you get as the Recognizer closes them 1 at a time. Have fun! :)

The best way to hit a recognizer is from a diagonal angle. You can hit it from straight above it,but that is harder and you have less time to run away if you miss.

Also,as Bamse said the more doors you have open the more shots you get as the Recognizer closes them 1 at a time. Have fun! :)

Okay, but I do have one additional question.

Can I hit any part of that bulge on the top of the recognizer, or do I have to actually hit the white eye itself?

Okay, but I do have one additional question.

Can I hit any part of that bulge on the top of the recognizer, or do I have to actually hit the white eye itself?

I thought you had to hit the eye directly when it's white. That's what I've been doing anyway.

• Like 2

"The ONLY way to knock out the Recognizer and win the bonus, is to score a direct hit on his eye with the disc of TRON. THE EYE IS WHITE. You must hit straight on, from the top or from the side. No other hit will work."

You'd think you have to go through the small gaps on the side but a hit on top of the bulge when the eye is white works.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

I was happy with my new score until I saw yours :o

Wow, what a great score. Mine pales into insignificance next to it.

Nicely done sir :)

What a great improvement!!!

Thank You !!! But the way you are improving no score is safe. I was just shy of my high score. Gets really tough with those orange zapper dudes. I have yet to kill one ever.

?

• Like 1

What a great improvement!!!

Thank You !!! But the way you are improving no score is safe. I was just shy of my high score. Gets really tough with those orange zapper dudes. I have yet to kill one ever.

My dad used to get to the Orange soldiers when I was a kid. I've never even gotten to that point much less killed one :D

• Like 1

My dad used to get to the Orange soldiers when I was a kid. I've never even gotten to that point much less killed one :D

Ive shot them at least 3 times and no death. Not sure how many times you need to hit them to kill.

I have a feeling you will meet the orange zapper soldiers soon. ??

• Like 1

Man this game is hard, but reading the manual is helping. I didn't know you could block...or recall a thrown disc early...or walk through doors...or that what the Recognizer was doing was repairing doors :P

Anyway, slight improvement as I learn how to play. Still haven't killed a Recognizer yet:

post-32254-0-55177200-1549258910_thumb.jpg

• Like 2