IGNORED

Gazoo's SNUG System Needs a New Home!

Shift838

Yes, other fellow TI-er's broken equipment was repaired and some individuals related efforts were positively affected through the change of hands.

That's why I said the original recipient's motives were pure--and you never left me hanging either. I told you back then not to worry about the shipping on it, as I considered it a service to the community. :)

On the new home for Tony's machine, I just hope it doesn't disappear into a collector rathole where it doesn't end up being used to make further contributions to the community at large--as the selfless community contributions are the real backbone of Tony's legacy. :)

• Like 5

On the new home for Tony's machine, I just hope it doesn't disappear into a collector rathole where it doesn't end up being used to make further contributions to the community at large--as the selfless community contributions are the real backbone of Tony's legacy. :)

I don't remember receiving it but I found an EZ135 platter of Tony's safely tucked away with some of my backup disks. I seem to recall that his later works were not on that platter in part because he was also using MESS/MAME. I'll look for any gems to recover and share, and be on the look out for anything that would help the new owner of Tony's system.

• Like 2

Hi guys. Tony's machine will not disappear. I'm the new owner. I appreciate the responsibility that comes along with that, and I will be glad to keep everyone posted on it's future.

Unfortunately for me, I got back in to the TI scene too late to have known Tony, but he has actually helped me solve several puzzles over the past few years through his frequent posts to AtariAge. I feel very honored and blessed to be able to work with his equipment.

To start with, I would like to dig in and figure out all of it's modifications and quirks. I'll also take some nice pictures and get them posted on the web somewhere for anyone who is interested. I'm particularly curious about the Dijit AVPC card with the custom modification built by Michael Becker to add a sound chip. I have not actually received the box yet, so i'll let you all know when it arrives safely.

I am a little worried about needing help getting it running, so I will be glad to have the support of the community. Tony talked a lot about making custom DSR's for his system, so it will probably be tricky to diagnose problems. Incidentally, I had not actually heard of an EZ135 drive until I read InsaneMultitasker's post. I might have to get one just to play with.

I found this video from 1999 with Tony showing off a couple of the cards that wound up in this system. Thank you Ciro!

• Like 12