Photo

Having some trouble with my LTO Flash

6 replies to this topic

#1 gsampson35 OFFLINE  

gsampson35

Space Invader

• 20 posts

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:31 PM

Been enjoying the Intellivision for a bit. Then went back to play Atari 2600 for awhile. When I decided to hook back up the Intellivision, I started to have major issues getting LTO Flash cartridge to run. Tried every game I have for the system and they all work perfect. 

So the issue is that the screen keeps blinking and showing some garbage on screen. Ive tried all the obvious solutions. Took the system apart to check out things and nothing looked out of the ordinary. 

When I plug in the cartridge to the computer it reads fine and I can remove and add roms. I will attatch a video to show symptoms.

Any insight to whats going on would be greately appreciated. 

#2 intvsteve OFFLINE  

intvsteve

River Patroller

• 3,329 posts

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:06 PM

Could you provide a little more info about the system:

Which model (Intellivision I, II, Super Pro, etc.)

Video standard (NTSC, PAL)

Any mods done on the system (RGB, A/V, etc.)

The cart does try a software reset of the system, IIRC, when initially powered up.  That's likely the 'blinking' that you see.

#3 intvsteve OFFLINE  

intvsteve

River Patroller

• 3,329 posts

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:12 PM

Another question:

At about 2:04 into the video, your menu layout (right hand side) suddenly goes empty.  What did you do in between 2:04 and 2:05?

Remember that until you click the 'Send to LTO Flash!' button, nothing on the cartridge actually changes - you're just changing the "todo list" that is stored on your computer that will be used to reconcile the differences between what that list has and what's actually on the cartridge.

#4 gsampson35 OFFLINE  

gsampson35

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:26 PM

Could you provide a little more info about the system:

Which model (Intellivision I, II, Super Pro, etc.)

Video standard (NTSC, PAL)

Any mods done on the system (RGB, A/V, etc.)

The cart does try a software reset of the system, IIRC, when initially powered up.  That's likely the 'blinking' that you see.

Hey thx for the reply. Its a Intellivision I. NTSC and no mods have been done to it.

#5 gsampson35 OFFLINE  

gsampson35

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts

Posted Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:26 PM

Another question:

At about 2:04 into the video, your menu layout (right hand side) suddenly goes empty.  What did you do in between 2:04 and 2:05?

Remember that until you click the 'Send to LTO Flash!' button, nothing on the cartridge actually changes - you're just changing the "todo list" that is stored on your computer that will be used to reconcile the differences between what that list has and what's actually on the cartridge.

Yeah I erased all the roms and added them back on the cartridge to show that function was working.

#6 mr_me OFFLINE  

mr_me

River Patroller

• 3,827 posts

Posted Fri Feb 1, 2019 3:14 AM

Best to contact leftturnonly.info

#7 intvnut OFFLINE  

intvnut

River Patroller

• 3,235 posts

Posted Fri Feb 1, 2019 3:32 AM

I'm contacting gsampson35 over email.  I don't hop on AA very often, but intvsteve alerted me to this thread.  We'll get it sorted.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users