IGNORED

Cloud Nine?

Swami

I saw this box for a game called Cloud Nine, which is some unreleased game by activision. Was the ever a rom or cart known about for this? Nothing on the web except that box and some mentions of activision not releasing it. This about the game, not the ebay post.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Intellivision-CLOUD-NINE-Activision-homebrew-box-only/283364159943?hash=item41f9d1f1c7:g:PigAAOSwW~FcVwEg

From intellivision lives

Cloud Nine

INTELLIVISION CARTRIDGE [ACTIVISION UNFINISHED]

Produced by Cheshire Engineering for Activision

Design/Program: Kevin Miller

GAME DESCRIPTION

A flying/sliding maze game played amid the clouds.

DEVELOPMENT HISTORY

Cloud Nine was in the early stages of programming in late 1983 when Activision pulled the plug on Intellivision development. The game continued in development as a Colecovision title until it was cancelled outright in 1984 along with all other console titles.

• Like 1

So, a box for something that does not exist. Ive heard of people getting boxes for partially finished prototype carts, but never ones where there isnt even a proto cart.

So, a box for something that does not exist. Ive heard of people getting boxes for partially finished prototype carts, but never ones where there isnt even a proto cart.

It's actually very popular among certain types of collectors:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/284127-fs-reproduction-box-sets-for-atari-2600-intellivision/

Box collecting is something I'm moving away from. Having boxes flat doesn't appeal to me and having them in the rack is beginning to take up too much space. I'd rather support finished games...and spend the money to release some as well...maybe with a box this time.

• Like 2

It's actually very popular among certain types of collectors:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/284127-fs-reproduction-box-sets-for-atari-2600-intellivision/

Box collecting is something I'm moving away from. Having boxes flat doesn't appeal to me and having them in the rack is beginning to take up too much space. I'd rather support finished games...and spend the money to release some as well...maybe with a box this time.

Do it,please!?

There is a 1983 arcade game, Cloud 9, by Atari which seems to fit some of the elements described on the back of the "repro" box, except the maze and "among the clouds" parts. Although, since this was an Activision title it is unlikely to copy an Atari arcade game.

Edit: Actually, this a prototype arcade rom, so it's likely Activision was not aware of it. Also, I noticed they did not appear to have the tornados added at this prototype stage, even though they are on the point value screen.

• Like 1

I web-searched a bit, there seems to be no info on how the game actually looked. With all of the new Intellivision game dev happening these days, might be interesting to see it done 21st century style (in other words, give Nanochess about an hour to make everything except for the shrinkwrap).

From intellivision lives

Cloud Nine
INTELLIVISION CARTRIDGE [ACTIVISION UNFINISHED]
Produced by Cheshire Engineering for Activision
Design/Program: Kevin Miller

GAME DESCRIPTION
A flying/sliding maze game played amid the clouds.

DEVELOPMENT HISTORY
Cloud Nine was in the early stages of programming in late 1983 when Activision pulled the plug on Intellivision development. The game continued in development as a Colecovision title until it was cancelled outright in 1984 along with all other console titles.

Edited by First Spear

Yeah I couldnt find any more info than that when I made those Activision boxes, the screenshots and all the descriptive text is completely made up.

I have no idea if the player was going to be in a hot air balloon, it just worked with the art I found with the maze of clouds.

Surprisingly, you did a good job describing the cloud 9 arcade game hazards. I suppose they are pretty reasonable associations. I wouldn't know whether the "sliding maze" in the Intellivision Lives description is some kind of puzzle or a maze something like Lady Bug or Lock & Chase. I could see where, as a Colecovision and Intellivision development project, you might navigate the maze with the disk and slide walls in various directions with the keypad or maybe it is like Lock & Chase, except the walls are clouds that slide around on their own.