IGNORED

Looking for someone to refurbish boards

xucaen

I have three 4-switch 2600 boards, two are socketed, one is not. I have had them for years intending to attempt to refurbish them myself.

About 3 years ago I took off the switches of one of them, cleaned them and put them back in. They work... Mostly...

I also bought 3 cap kits but never got around to doing the work.

Occasionally I see posts like "thank you so-and-so for refurbishing my 2600 it's good as new!" I'd like to find someone who can refurbish these boards "good as new"

Can someone help me out? I intend to pay for the service.

Yes I know i can spend gobs of money and buy a working one on epay but that's not the point. I have three Atari consoles that I want to save but can't do it on my own.

Yes I know in theory I could just do the work myself. I have almost 25 years of programming experience under my belt and that's what I do for a living. I just don't have the experience to refurbish these boards nor the time to learn nor the time to do the work. I've chosen my profession and that's where I'll stay.

The work will entail:
*Cap replacement on all three.
*IC replacement on all three.
*Joystick port replacement on one, maybe two boards.
* Clean or replace switches on all three.
*AV mod only on any board if the RF isn't working.

I think my heart is in the right place I just lack - everything - to do this alone. Can anyone help me?

• Like 1