IGNORED

7800 flashback version 1- questions plz

chewy

It's Nintendo-on-a-chip and the games are reasonably accurate. The thing is worth having -- in my case, the system sellers are 7800 Food Fight, 7800 Asteroids, and Solaris. I guess Desert Falcon too, but I always liked the idea of that game more than the reality.

The 7800 could play 2600 games, and the 2600 library is much larger, so I think it's representative of the real thing.

You can probably find one real cheap if you look around, because it's old and unloved.

• Like 1

kind of a ripoff that its five 7800 games and the rest are 2600. but i kind of think it would be worth the 20 bux if i could have a 7800 that played only desert falcon- should i get one or no?

PM me. I have one I need to get rid of along with a few flashback 2600s. I’ll make you a sweeter AtariAge-bro deal. I have a box of 4-5 of them that didn’t sell on eBay. Edited by Airshack

It's Nintendo-on-a-chip and the games are reasonably accurate. The thing is worth having -- in my case, the system sellers are 7800 Food Fight, 7800 Asteroids, and Solaris. I guess Desert Falcon too, but I always liked the idea of that game more than the reality.

The 7800 could play 2600 games, and the 2600 library is much larger, so I think it's representative of the real thing.

You can probably find one real cheap if you look around, because it's old and unloved.

The control in Asteroids is not good though. It would've had more 7800 games, but with only 10 weeks, getting more 2600 games on it was the only choice is meet their insane deadline. BTW... Solaris was very close to the original, we put a lot of effort into that. The biggest issue was sounds, getting an NES square/triangle sound generator to do grumbling low octave RIOT sounds was a big challenge and again, time was totally against getting them done better, even 2 extra weeks could've made a big difference in improving the sounds. At least it got the door opened at Atari to get Flashback 2 done.

• Like 3