Photo

Impossamole and Head Over Heels Jaguar Official Thread

67 replies to this topic

#51 Guitari OFFLINE  

Guitari

Stargunner

• 1,731 posts

Posted Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:27 AM

Any way of reassigning jump to a button? I can't get on with up for jump in Impossamole.

#52 Machine OFFLINE  

Machine

Dragonstomper

• 657 posts

Posted Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:46 PM

Out of curiousity, are the Piko Jag boxes the same size as the original Jag boxes?  I bought some Jag box protectors from Amazon, and the boxes don't fit inside the plastic.

They fit in my box protectors even withe the shrinkwrap still on.  There are two different box protectors, one is smaller and too tight in my opinion. I have bought both, and now only get the bigger size one. It isnt really bigger, they fit nice, but the others seem too tight.

I like the ones from ebay seller:  retroprotection

#53 matthew954 ONLINE  

matthew954

Chopper Commander

• 140 posts

Posted Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:42 PM

The ones I ordered came from the seller Childhood at Amazon.  It was just barely too tight to fit Impossamole.  Although it did fit (rather snugly) my copy of Xenon 2.  I ended up using an SNES box protector from Malko to fit impossamole.

#54 Diatoir3d OFFLINE  

Diatoir3d

Space Invader

• 20 posts

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:09 PM

I got mine a few days ago and just got around to playing them tonight. Absolutely love Head Over Heels. I really didn't know what to expect from it, even after watching the videos. Really addictive. Impossamole up next! The boxes and especially the manuals look fantastic Pico Interactive. (no customs charges either - WONDERFUL! ;-)

#55 matthew954 ONLINE  

matthew954

Chopper Commander

• 140 posts

Posted Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:40 PM

Impossamole is quite good.  Hard as hell, mostly having the jump button as up on the d-pad trips me up all the time.  I've only play the first two levels, and have yet to beat either lol.  I like how I can take my time and try to figure out the route to take.

#56 Diatoir3d OFFLINE  

Diatoir3d

Space Invader

• 20 posts

Posted Wed May 1, 2019 3:13 PM

The 'Up' for jump is tripping me up as well.

#57 CyranoJ ONLINE  

CyranoJ

RAPTOR Wrangler

• 5,862 posts
  • reBOOTed

Posted Wed May 1, 2019 3:32 PM

Ya lilly livered hipsters raised on NES. HTFU ;)

#58 matthew954 ONLINE  

matthew954

Chopper Commander

• 140 posts

Posted Wed May 1, 2019 5:59 PM

Yeah, I grew up on the NES.  I have virtually no recollection of the 7800, and a vague recollection of the SMS.  There was a light sixer 2600 that either belonged to my grandparents or an uncle (I can't remember which) that periodically made its rounds around the family.  That was pretty much my only experience with Atari, atleast until recently.  

#59 82-T/A OFFLINE  

82-T/A

River Patroller

• 4,670 posts

Posted Wed May 1, 2019 6:27 PM

Yeah, I grew up on the NES.  I have virtually no recollection of the 7800, and a vague recollection of the SMS.  There was a light sixer 2600 that either belonged to my grandparents or an uncle (I can't remember which) that periodically made its rounds around the family.  That was pretty much my only experience with Atari, atleast until recently.  

My mom bought an Atari "VCS" in 1977, and played it during her pregnancy from 1977-1978 when I finally graced this world with my presence.

I LOVED the Atari 2600 growing up, and played the *shit* out of it.

We got an Atari 5200 a few years later and I was so excited. We opened it on Christmas and the joysticks didn't work, couldn't play the pack-in PACMAN... so we returned it, and my mom never bought a replacement.

2 years later, I bought an NES (1987?) with money that I had saved by mowing lawns and doing odd-jobs around the neighborhood. I remember it like it was yesterday, $178 and change for the Action Set at Toys R' Us. Only $80 of that was in 1s, 5s, and 10s. The rest of it was all in change. I brought bags of change and they shut down the register so they could deal with me, and the lady was pissed... hahah.

#60 matthew954 ONLINE  

matthew954

Chopper Commander

• 140 posts

Posted Wed May 1, 2019 9:12 PM

I remember when the 2600 would end up at my house, the system just seemed weird from what I was used to with the NES.  But I always took advantage of playing ET, PacMan, and the others.  The one game that seemed weirdest was Freeway.  I never stuck with it much.  I've noticed that since I've gotten older, the retro consoles just seem to hold my interest more than modern games.  Too many Call of Duty crap games nowadays. Games like Juno First and Star Versus that centers more on core gameplay are what I prefer anymore.

#61 diggler OFFLINE  

diggler

Combat Commando

• 2 posts

Posted Thu May 2, 2019 1:24 PM

Received Head over Heels today in UK - very quick delivery (not 45 days!)

Anyone sorted a controller overlay yet?

#62 Sapicco OFFLINE  

Sapicco

Dragonstomper

• 811 posts

Posted Sat May 4, 2019 5:43 AM

A nice treat would be all of these newly released games should come standard with an overlay.

#63 CyranoJ ONLINE  

CyranoJ

RAPTOR Wrangler

• 5,862 posts
  • reBOOTed

Posted Sat May 4, 2019 6:27 AM

They don't need the number pad so why would they need an overlay?

#64 Gummy Bear ONLINE  

Gummy Bear

Dragonstomper

• 876 posts

Posted Sat May 4, 2019 7:21 AM

For the BLINGS!

#65 omf OFFLINE  

omf

Dragonstomper

• 799 posts

Posted Sat May 4, 2019 7:48 AM

For the BLINGS!

post-18126-0-48736400-1471962075.png

#66 diggler OFFLINE  

diggler

Combat Commando

• 2 posts

Posted Sat May 4, 2019 1:10 PM

They don't need the number pad so why would they need an overlay?

Head Over Heels does. It uses them for pick up/drop, drop whilst jumping, saving and loading. Its one of the best things about this Jag conversion, I always found the originals cumbersome as they needed 5 buttons.

#67 CyranoJ ONLINE  

CyranoJ

RAPTOR Wrangler

• 5,862 posts
  • reBOOTed

Posted Sat May 4, 2019 5:13 PM

Head Over Heels does. It uses them for pick up/drop, drop whilst jumping, saving and loading. Its one of the best things about this Jag conversion, I always found the originals cumbersome as they needed 5 buttons.

Duh. You'd think I'd have remembered that :P

#68 Sapicco OFFLINE  

Sapicco

Dragonstomper

• 811 posts

Posted Wed May 8, 2019 4:23 PM

For the BLINGS!

Haha. Yeah. a nice artwork to cover up the pad, even if its just to turn music on and off, its a neat concept

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users