Intellivision Component YPbPr Mod Video Output

5 replies to this topic

#1 HeadcolorsTV OFFLINE  

HeadcolorsTV

Star Raider

• 55 posts
  • Cannot be classified as a planet

Posted Thu Mar 7, 2019 4:20 PM

The title pretty much says it all. Has no one attempted/succeed at this? Google searches are fruitless. I feel like, out of several billions of people alive today, I may be the ONE person looking to output my Intellivision via Component. 🤷🏼‍♂️ I'm weird like that, I guess.

#2 mr_me OFFLINE  

mr_me

River Patroller

• 3,932 posts

Posted Fri Mar 8, 2019 7:34 AM

I'd look for an Intellivision RGBS modification; and a seperate RGBS to YPbPr converter. https://www.ebay.ca/...6ffff739b|iid:1

Your television would have to support 240p over YPbPr.

#3 HeadcolorsTV OFFLINE  

HeadcolorsTV

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 55 posts

Posted Fri Mar 8, 2019 10:55 AM

Considered that, but it's way more than I'd like to pay, for a mod that itself is very difficult to acquire (plus I've heard mixed things about the one currently existing mod that's available to purchase).

#4 mr_me OFFLINE  

mr_me

River Patroller

• 3,932 posts

Posted Fri Mar 8, 2019 11:04 AM

It's cheaper than an rgb to hdmi converter. Which existing rgb mod are you referring to? Emerson is working on one in the other thread, not sure what his plans are with it.

Edited by mr_me, Fri Mar 8, 2019 11:11 AM.

#5 HeadcolorsTV OFFLINE  

HeadcolorsTV

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 55 posts

Posted Fri Mar 8, 2019 1:06 PM

It's cheaper than an rgb to hdmi converter. Which existing rgb mod are you referring to? Emerson is working on one in the other thread, not sure what his plans are with it.

I should probably clarify: I'm using a Sony Wega CRT. For this, HDMI/VGA mods are pretty much useless to me.

And yes, I did catch Emerson's mod thread. Iirc, he was only developing it for personal use. The existing mod I was referring to is the Kono mod.

#6 mr_me OFFLINE  

mr_me

River Patroller

• 3,932 posts

Posted Fri Mar 8, 2019 1:45 PM

Yes, Emerson mentioned he does not intend to sell kits but did talk about end users and is doing a lot of testing. Maybe a pcb of his design and parts will be available.

And I was just trying to say that the rgb to YPbPr converter is not all that expensive. And they might become rare as YPbPr inputs on modern TVs are disappearing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Intellivision, Component, YPbPr, Mod, Video, Output

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users