The Best 7800 video mod

3 replies to this topic

#1 Jinks OFFLINE  

Jinks

River Patroller

• 4,649 posts

Posted Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:52 PM

https://atariage.com...uct_detail&p=42

This and a 20 dollar crt. Plug and play no soldering. Light gun games work. Don't have to make 75 topics of svid mod woes.
If you have a flash of staic once in awhile with RF you can try and remember the 80s and realize your playing a game machine from the 80s. It might be nostalgic?
Support AA now and buy this great coupler! Makes a good stocking stuffer for that gamer in your life or maybe treat yourself?
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

#2 -^CrožBow^- OFFLINE  

-^CrožBow^-

Quadrunner

• 7,006 posts
  • Collector of Fine Atari and Sega Antiquities!

Posted Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:36 AM

75 topics? Really? I personally don't have any s-video woes since getting rid of the LHE mod I originally had. Honestly, I understand the purists out there that feel these modifications might be more trouble then they are worth. But in my opinion and as far as I know, the opinions of those whose consoles I've personally modified, the s-video is a clear winner for using the 7800 on both CRTs and modern displays.

#3 Magic Knight OFFLINE  

Magic Knight

Dragonstomper

• 583 posts
  • Waiting for SHATRON to be released...

Posted Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:05 AM

75 topics? Really? I personally don't have any s-video woes since getting rid of the LHE mod I originally had. Honestly, I understand the purists out there that feel these modifications might be more trouble then they are worth. But in my opinion and as far as I know, the opinions of those whose consoles I've personally modified, the s-video is a clear winner for using the 7800 on both CRTs and modern displays.

I agree, once it's installed, you never look back.

#4 rocketmonkey101 OFFLINE  

rocketmonkey101

Space Invader

• 20 posts

Posted Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:12 PM

S-video works great for me and looks awesome framemeister

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users