Photo

Retroguru will release Xump for Atari Lynx at Revision 2019

39 replies to this topic

#26 Turbo Laser Lynx OFFLINE  

Turbo Laser Lynx

Dragonstomper

• 537 posts

Posted Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:25 PM

I played the game for a while tonight, it really sucked me in. The graphics look really nice on the Lynx too! Great work man! :thumbsup: Always a happy day with a new game for the Lynx :party: :waving:

Edited by Turbo Laser Lynx, Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:26 PM.

#27 necrocia OFFLINE  

necrocia

Dragonstomper

• 541 posts

Posted Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:53 AM

The Retroguru download doesn't include the save file, maybe that needs to be updated for anyone wanting to use high score saves on a Lynx SD?

#28 Nop90 OFFLINE  

Nop90

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 144 posts

Posted Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:02 AM

We decided to not put the save file in the release because the SD cart owners should know how to create one, and we put a note about it in the txt inside the release.

We don't want lamers using emulators to be confused by the presence of a save file and complain online of it not working.

I'll add a premade save file in the release post this evening anyway.

#29 Nop90 OFFLINE  

Nop90

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 144 posts

Posted Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:40 PM

We placed only 8 ot of 9. But despite th ebad position, I'm, very proud of this game.

If someone has some feedbacks about what could have gone wrong, let me know please.

#30 karri OFFLINE  

karri

River Patroller

• 2,684 posts

Posted Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:48 PM

That sucks. What were the other games like? Final Fantasy 7?

#31 Nop90 OFFLINE  

Nop90

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 144 posts

Posted Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:19 PM

Since there are different systems at the compo it's difficoult to compare works. But feedbacks on Pouet are very good.

Probably video could have been better (necrocia you did your best, it's  my fault for finishing to fix everything so late) and maybe showing in the wideo the prototype cart before booting the game could have made the difference. But now it's not so important. We'll promote the game and will try to make a phisical release for the end of the year.

My to do list is full till this summer, but next retroguru port to lynx could be Fruity. Let's see....

#32 necrocia OFFLINE  

necrocia

Dragonstomper

• 541 posts

Posted Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:13 PM

Have you got a link to the rest of the entries and demos? Was your's the only Lynx game?

#33 Nop90 OFFLINE  

Nop90

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 144 posts

Posted Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:52 PM

Enties will be listed here, but will take some days to have all the list complete.

Clicking on result on top of the pages there are the ames of all the unetries, you can try to find them with google.

My entry was the only one for lynx at revision.

EDIT: al files already on demozoo https://demozoo.org/parties/3770/

Edited by Nop90, Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:03 PM.

#34 necrocia OFFLINE  

necrocia

Dragonstomper

• 541 posts

Posted Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:29 AM

Cool, thanks, your entry was the only Lynx entry in all, no Lynx demos this time around. Xump is a great game still, congrats on finishing it.

#35 Nop90 OFFLINE  

Nop90

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 144 posts

Posted Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:48 AM

The release post is out.

#36 BadPricey OFFLINE  

BadPricey

Moonsweeper

• 433 posts

Posted Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:53 AM

We placed only 8 ot of 9. But despite th ebad position, I'm, very proud of this game.

If someone has some feedbacks about what could have gone wrong, let me know please.

The Lynx community will be happy for any new games on the system. 8 is just a number. Congrats on the game 👍

#37 karri OFFLINE  

karri

River Patroller

• 2,684 posts

Posted Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:53 AM

That was a silly competition. Windows, Linux, WII in the same category as C64, Pico and Lynx.

At least Xump was the best Lynx game...

#38 Turbo Laser Lynx OFFLINE  

Turbo Laser Lynx

Dragonstomper

• 537 posts

Posted Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:30 PM

I think it's ok to have competitions for things like music, games, visual art, fashion, dance etc. (if we really have to compete) but since it's so subjective I'd take any results with a pinch of salt. Technically I find Xump super sound. The graphics are great, the music's great and it plays great. I guess it just didn't happen to fall in the taste of the judges.

That was a silly competition. Windows, Linux, WII in the same category as C64, Pico and Lynx.

Yes, what were they thinking? How could those modern generic tools ever compete with unique timeless classics like the c64 and the Lynx and the unique charm of Pico-8? :-D

Edited by Turbo Laser Lynx, Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:31 PM.

#39 TrekMD OFFLINE  

TrekMD

River Patroller

• 4,031 posts

Posted Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:49 PM

Cool.  I had missed this thread.  Checking out the game!

#40 Nop90 OFFLINE  

Nop90

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 144 posts

Posted Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:48 PM

I guess it just didn't happen to fall in the taste of the judges.

There are no judges, voting is opened to all the partecipants to the event.

Such copetitions are a lottery, often a funny idea gets a better ranking than a big technical work. Nevetheless Revision is big event with a lot of visibility for the partecipants, so winning is cool, but it's not so important

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users