Photo

new dungeon crawler for NES - Candelabra: Estoscerro

4 replies to this topic

#1 Memblers OFFLINE  

Memblers

Star Raider

• 57 posts

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:58 AM

Candelabra: Estoscerro by Slydog Studios is 100% complete, and this Kickstarter campaign ends in just 3 days..!

Check it out:

https://www.kickstar...me-for-the-nes/

You can here the full soundtrack here (open in youtube if you want to skip around in the playlist):

Here also is a short video review:

If a dungeon crawler isn't your cup of tea, check out Rob's other games here (full versions for free):

https://slydogstudios.org/

Edited by Memblers, Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:01 AM.

#2 Gamemoose OFFLINE  

Gamemoose

Dragonstomper

• 727 posts

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:00 AM

I played a little of this at Midwest Gaming Classic. It's a bit of a trick to train your mind to do the defending with one hand and the attack in the other. As I was in a combat session thinking I was botching my attacks, I was in fact, as the person there told me, "defending like a boss".

I didn't play enough of it to get a good taste for the game. It looked neat and I can't recall a game similar to it on NES. The control scheme keeps you more active in the game, requiring hand/eye coordination to attack and defend instead of waiting for a turn.

I do have one question: would this game be compatible on a modded NES or SNES Classic?

#3 Memblers OFFLINE  

Memblers

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 57 posts

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:55 PM

I talked to Rob (the developer) and it sounds like it should work on the NES and SNES classic.  When you beat a boss, it will ask if you want to save, you will need to select no.  It uses flash memory for saving, so if it's not emulated then mostly likely nothing will happen (but maybe it could lock up, so better to select no).  I have an NES classic but haven't tried modding it yet.  If it's running FCEUX, then that does support flash saving.

#4 doctor_x OFFLINE  

doctor_x

Moonsweeper

• 499 posts

Posted Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:03 PM

the arppegio most of the way into that first video is kick ass!

#5 Gamemoose OFFLINE  

Gamemoose

Dragonstomper

• 727 posts

Posted Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:39 AM

I had time to try out a couple of the other games of the series on my NES-Classic. They work great! Thanks for looking in on this!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users