IGNORED

Atari : A Visual History Book is now LIVE on Kickstarter

Hello everyone,

hope you are all enjoying your Easter weekend and are possible cramping as many easter eggs down your neck as possible :).

I just wanted to let you all know that my very first Kickstarter campaign has been launched and would be truly appreciative if you would check it out and hopefully support the project. A lot of blood, sweat and tears have been put into this publication and a great deal of care for the grammar of the book by a professional technical proofreader as this was a great concern for me that this is paramount to its production values of the reader, so all has been catered for here.
So with that, a little about the book?

Welcome to our very first Kickstarter campaign to create the first unofficially-licensed coffee table book on the Atari® 8bit Home Computer. The book pays a huge tribute to this incredible home computer, its product design and its amazing catalogue of third-party software associated with this iconic 8-bit system. The book is an unofficial publication created by myself Darren Doyle and is my first publishing outing under the Greyfox Books™ label, the book is the very first book of this kind to be released for the Atari 8-bit home computer enthusiast in a visual compendium, ever!

10fuhdf.jpg

I have spent many months on its development and acquired some incredible content along the way. The amazing amount of support and contributions I have received from private collectors and review contributors has been fantastic, making the Atari: A Visual History book a reality. I am a self-employed Graphic Designer based in Dublin, Ireland.
Features of the book include:

 162 third-party Atari 8-bit games covered
 Premastered box art only found in this book
 Exclusive and new interviews
 Atari 800 – Atari 800xl and Atari 130xe systems profiled
 A visual compendium presentational coffee book
 Full hardback publication.
And much more…

With the Atari: A Visual History book, the visuals are the main focus, with roughly 210-220 word sound bites of text accompanying each game spread. The review of each game has especially been given a lot of research and thought during the writing process from myself and all contributors involved. Within the book, you'll also find a series of larger features and interviews with developers and software house profiles and much more ensuring a great mix of visuals and words. Overall, the book will contain around 50,000 words and hundreds of iconic images; each one is given its own unique flair in presentation and professional preservation which will make it the perfect coffee-table Atari book.

The premise of the book is to cover a huge majority of classic third-party Atari 8-bit software from such amazing software houses as Datasoft™, Broderbund™, First Star Software™ and the likes. A selection of commercial and non-commercial home-brew games will also be covered in the book, giving these games the exposure in a visual compendium never seen in a format of this type before. The Book will also deliver a selection of interviews with game designers who worked on the Atari 8-bit. Also, the three, and most popular of the Atari 8-bit computer range will receive their very own profile coverage, these are the Atari 800, Atari 800XL and the Atari 130XE home computers, with additional photography of these computers exclusively photographed by Roberto Rogel throughout the book, as well as a choice selection of Atari related peripherals. The Book will measure 170mm x 230mm (6” x 9”) standard book size and will only be available in Hardback for maximum durability and with a whopping 420 pages of content. It will be some tome of a book.

2v93hnp.jpg

So please visit here : http://kck.st/2VWXiNo if this is something you guys would love to support.

Thanks, Everyone for the ongoing support and just to mention, if this book is successful then I can announce now that the Coin-Op: Arcade Guide book will follow later on in the year.

Kind regards

Darren