IGNORED

PAL UK 1591 model with wrong colors

I have a PAL UK Intellivision with wrong colors, it seems that there is brown/red instead of green as you can see in the picture.

I already tried to adjust the trimmers on the dauther board, the EF module and the main board without any change. I wasn't able to find the schematics so I don't want proceed further with the trimmers without having a documentation.

Could be the STIC the coulprit? Unfortunately I don't have a spare chip to test

Do you have any advice to try? Thank you234853b8c1ff7e74e01536696327b51d.jpg56250929c11d8e8ba88b3ca26e478b76.jpg2bb1dcad4f6a7eeba126a8813fb557c0.jpg

Inviato dal mio Mi A1 utilizzando Tapatalk

Maybe you could do a very quick and cheap A/V mod to ensure that it isn't your RF module that got shot.

PAL is more robust than NTSC in regard to color shifting but it can still happen if the RF modulator is damaged and the color signal is not in tune with the luminance (black and white) signal.

Alternativement, is your TV set to PAL I (UK) standard? PAL I has a wider gap between the video signal and sound signal than PAL B/G. So if your TV tuned to the sound signal, your video signal is slightly offset and that might cause your catastrophically bad picture.

Edited by CatPix

Unfortunately I had and still have to traffic with this console model. I am still fighting between the various A / V mods because none of them is satisfactory and, apparently, the wiring diagrams of this "damned" model do not exist or appear to be a secret. For what I know you could try, very gently, touch the wires that connect the "daughter" board (the light brown board) to the console's motherboard one by one. If that's how I think, you'll see magically correct the color. Then, if here among you there is someone who has a vague idea of where to find the wiring diagrams of this model of console pal UK (apparently coming from there) I would be very grateful. Sorry if English is not perfect, I use the translator: D

I tried to move gently the wires both on daugther board and on motherboard also but unfortunately the situation didn't change. Now I'm curious: telling me this suggestion you had a specific problem in mind, can you give me more information?

At least I have to wait for another daugther (and motherboard?) board in order to make some other test.

For what I know you could try, very gently, touch the wires that connect the "daughter" board (the light brown board) to the console's motherboard one by one. If that's how I think, you'll see magically correct the color.

in both electronic boards there are regulators. He can try, always gently, to act on them. I see that NO ONE has come forward with the wiring diagrams. it's nice when you see that there is sharing among fans :) P.S just to distinguish them I called the daughter and mother boards. Moreover the name "daughter" was given in another post here: D

Edited by LoAnMiLu

Yes, I tried to operate ligtly on all the trimmers on the daugther and mother boards without any effect. I'm starting to suspect that there is comething wrong in one or more of this components: STIC, IC on the daughter board, RF modulator (less probable but not impossibile).

The term "daughter" thats refers to the little board is right... :)