IGNORED

Anyone got a spare beater Vectrex console with a good tube?

landsmarra

PM me...not sure what mine is worth. System works perfectly except that the screen is skewed more than twiddling the knobs inside will fix. Cassiden Nolen took a quick stab at diagnosing it and really didn't come up with anything except maybe a bad cap somewhere.

I'm not complaining because of what I got with it when I bought it (3d goggles and a bunch of games including Poll Position and Polar Rescue, all CIB).

Eric

I also have a beat up Veccy in the same condition that Eric describes. My unit works and the sound is nice. But the vector lines themselves shake all over the place and do not line up properly at all. At this point I am fairly certain that mine has some bad caps in that need replacing. I really have no use or reason to hold onto my veccy since I do not have a controller to go with it...or any games save the Mine Storm built into it.

Let me know if your interested and what Trade items you have that I would be interested in. I am fairly certian you got something I would want for this ole Veccy...

:D

Steve,

Are you sure its the tube that is bad? In a vector machine, there are about a million other things I would blame first. Does yours have a broken neck or bad burn in? Otherwise, I would start somewhere else. i do not think I have ever seen a dead Vector tube. Not to say it could not happen, just not common.

Erik's machine has a convergence issue on the board (IIRC), but the tube is fine. I may have a dead tube (building a cocktail color Vectrex machine...more to come :) ), if you are not in a rush.

Cassidy

What??? Are you the guy who has the color Vectrex prototype?

:)

In my dreams! I have a dead one and a color vector monitor I am playing with. No such superb luck!

I am planning on doing a system that will let you select between colors, not actually change them on screen individually. Maybe one day, maybe one day.

Cassidy

• 1 year later...

I bought a Vectrex Saturday at OVGE and I've been searching through the old Vectrex related posts today. I came across this two year old thread and I just had to bump it. Did you ever get your color Vectrex cocktail working Cassidy?

-S

I bought a Vectrex Saturday at OVGE and I've been searching through the old Vectrex related posts today. I came across this two year old thread and I just had to bump it. Did you ever get your color Vectrex cocktail working Cassidy?

-S

877722[/snapback]

Never finished it. I ended up selling the color vector on RGVAC to pay for a grad school class. Ended up building a swappable eprom cart and a Genny controller hack for the veccy.

Wishing I had been able to keep it (g05). Those monitors dont just pop up everyday. Man, this is an old thread. I believe now (if my experience on Omega Race serves me right) could be a video ram issue on those vector problems.

Cassidy

Bummer. I expected that it never got finished since I'd never seen any pictures of it posted anywhere. Oh well, the swappable eprom cart is a pretty good consolation prize. :)

I'm totally enamoured with my Vectrex right now. I've had the hots to buy a vector cab for a long time now, but since I can't seem to find any priced within reason, the Vectrex makes a pretty good substitute.

-S

I was talking to the asst mgr just last week, said they have a few of them in back.  They did not mention how much they are asking.

Gamers

72nd And Farnam Street

Omaha, NE  68102

402-391-2877

329402[/snapback]

They still have both units... last time I was in Omaha. Wanted around $75 each I think it was.

Hey Stingray, did you buy any games when you picked up the Vectrex? I bought a couple out at the show (Clean Sweep and Armor Attack), and those were the only ones I saw there. I'd feel bad if I took some games away from you before you had the opportunity to get them.

Archived