IGNORED

Dead 2600RGB?

relo999

Recently got a 2600RGB for my PAL 6 switch woody but for the life of me I can't get a picture out of it. Only a very dim black and white "impression" of what should be on screen and audio being just fine.

I tried reseating everything, checking my soldering points with a multimeter and double checking every connection but no luck...

Anyone knows this issue or how to solve it?

Pictures of the install:
https://imgur.com/gallery/ak4NWBR

It seems that your TV is expecting a composite signal instead of RGB.

1 - ensure that the SCART socket on your TV supports RGB. Often TVs had 2 scart sockets, with only one of them supporting RGB.

2 - Did buy the scart cable from the etim shop, or you built your own? If the latter, remember that you need to provide proper switching signal to pin 16 of the scart: The TV must see a voltage between 1V and 3V on that pin to switch to RGB mode, else it defaults to composite. (This is not required if using a framemeister or OSSC)

• Like 1

It seems that your TV is expecting a composite signal instead of RGB.

1 - ensure that the SCART socket on your TV supports RGB. Often TVs had 2 scart sockets, with only one of them supporting RGB.

2 - Did buy the scart cable from the etim shop, or you built your own? If the latter, remember that you need to provide proper switching signal to pin 16 of the scart: The TV must see a voltage between 1V and 3V on that pin to switch to RGB mode, else it defaults to composite. (This is not required if using a framemeister or OSSC)

This was the issue, my scart missed the rgb blanking signal. single 100 ohm resistor between pin 8 and 16 fixed it.

I thought, as my can only receive RGB or s video, if I believe the menu, and my CRT only does RGB on Scart (or so I thought) it would automatically select RGB. But I was wrong.

Thanks!

• Like 1