IGNORED

Everything has been put on hold...

DavidMil

My wife is doing well after her back problems and just when we finished paying off the doctor/hospital bills along comes a flood!

We were lucky compared to all our neighbors who got between 8 and 12 inches of water (we only got about an inch in the

house, and never lost electricity). Problem is our entire home except baths and kitchen is carpeted (about 1800 sq. feet).

So the carpet is all siting on the curb along with the baseboards and some of the furniture. One table with my wives' PC on

it broke and I've got to dry it our before I can check it out. The adjuster will be here tomorrow and we will see what happens

next. Anyway, long story short, we are safe and well and have flood insurance. I'll be back as I can.

DavidMil

PS. Several people have asked me why I don't have an avatar, Well I have on now and I'll post it as soon as I can.

DM

• Like 5

Kingwood, Tx. Saw you guys on the news. You got dumped on. Sorry to hear that you were one of the ones hit by flooding. Couldn't imagine that although we have areas here that get flooded and I've see houses with water obviously in the living space. Just horrible.

Oh no! Yuck. I've been through similar, but mostly just because the place my brother and I were in when we lived together on our own was old, and when it rained a lot (Pretty much all winter in Vancouver, BC) the basement would flood... which was where we both kept all our old Atari & Apple stuff of course... I have vague memories of pouring water out of 1050's, drying out yearbooks, and gross boxes of floppy disks that were submerged under inches of water. (Must have blocked those memories out haha) Oh the distress of seeing your precious hardware at peril.. Part of the reason I never touched the stuff again until recent years out of the depressing thought of it... Anyhow, moving to a (much) drier part of the country has done good for the hardware and software in storage... I've fixed up most of the hardware that had issues, and most of the disks have long since well dried out, and almost all still readable with care.

With a finished basement though, erg, thats going to take a lot of time effort and mental stress to get it all dealt with... Hope it all gets sorted out smoothly!

PS: Look forward to seeing your avatar! ;-)

We've got flooding around Tulsa, OK too, luckily my property is on a top of a hill and the worst that can happen is we get stranded except by boat. Unless the rivers & creeks near me rise about a hundred feet. But my property, even on a hill, is swamped. I don't have a basement though, and the ground floor is above ground level, so we are staying dry.

I feel for those who are flooded. I lived in Canyon Lake, just north of San Antonio, TX, until 3 1/2 years ago, and the canyon area often got flooded, with the Guadalupe River right there, and I got stranded there once, in my cabin, but again, no interior flooding as I lived on high ground there too. That was a rental though, now I own.

Edited by Gunstar