Photo

What Are Your Favorite Apps You Can Use Offline?

1 reply to this topic

#1 Games Retrospect OFFLINE  

Games Retrospect

Moonsweeper

• 255 posts

Posted Thu May 16, 2019 12:21 PM

I tend to be in places where's there's limited connectivity and there are a few apps I use when I don't have access to the internet. I'll leave a short list with the ones I use, but I'd like to hear what other people in a similar situation uses as well. And before anyone complains, all the apps I included are video game related in one way or another.

PocketCasts/Overcast: podcast apps that download new episodes automatically and deletes them as soon as I listen to them

Instapaper: lets you save articles so that you can read them whenever you want, extremely useful to download walkthroughs or long Polygon articles you can read on the go

Pokemon TV: I just discovered this one and I honestly don't know if I'm going to be using for a long time or not. Essentially, this app lets you watch pretty much any episode from the Pokemon series. You can download a few episodes to watch on the go on low quality.

Also, I used to have an app to download YouTube videos, but it was extremely cumbersome to use and it lacked certain features I use a lot. I hope YouTube eventually adds this to its official app

So any ideas or suggestions?

#2 YoungGrumpyMan OFFLINE  

YoungGrumpyMan

Combat Commando

• 2 posts

Posted Thu May 16, 2019 12:33 PM

I hope YouTube eventually adds this to its official app

I think the feature is already there, they just lock it behind a YouTube Red subscription.

I use Netflix and HBO to download shows, LINE Webtoon to download cartoons, and I read offline a newspaper from my country with their app, called Jornal Expresso.

Enviado do meu SM-N960F através do Tapatalk

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users