IGNORED

Pastfinder

I had thought it was called Pathfinder, but now I'm sure that you're right. I did play a game of this at a friend's house years ago. It was very interesting. The screen started with the fog of war and you slowly uncovered terrain. I don't remember any shooting. The graphics were very wild as you opened up the screen. I heard noothing but good about it, wish I'd have gotten a copy.

I played it a lot as a kid, good mix of action and some strategy with the need to avoid all the radiation :)

There is shooting but you can have fun by just dodging obstacles and bad guys too.

I played it recently from an .atr file, you don't have a handy sio2pc cable setup?

I may have accidently attached the .atr file if anyone wants to give this game a try on an emulator ;)

pastfinder__1984_.zip

I've never played this one either. I'm guessing Pastfinder is the rarest of all the classic Actvision carts. It was only released for Atari 8-bit & C64 AFAIK, and this is one of the few remaining Activision carts I'm still looking for as well. There may be a few other rarer Activision carts on other platforms, but since most of their games were multi-platform releases there always seems to be at least one that's easy to track down. Pastfinder just doesn't seem to show up at all. Toy Bizarre is another I have yet to play, but since it's a C64 exclusive, the cart I believe anyway, I doubt I ever will.

I'm not sure Pastfinder is the rarest cart, personally I've only seen The Designers Pencil twice on ebay. Strangely if you look at the Activision numbering scheme there appears to be one game missing (Toy Bizzare perhaps?).

Tempest

Archived