IGNORED

bosconian

inextremis staple

Thanks! I still get giddy watching the multi-colored stars as they slowly move in the background. They feel just like a classic arcade game.

For those who haven't checked it out, use draconian_20140405.bin from this blog entry. If you're using Stella be sure to follow the instructions, directly above the ROM, for turning on Phosphor Mode.

Thanks for the Preview,

bought Space Rocks so I will definitely buy a copy of the cart when it comes out.

Take your time, when its ready its ready.

Thanks for the Preview,

bought Space Rocks so I will definitely buy a copy of the cart when it comes out.

Take your time, when its ready its ready.

Thanks! You might like to check out the Homebrew forum topic for Draconian. The link at the top of the first post will take you to the most current version.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 6 years later...
On 8/11/2003 at 5:41 PM, Godzilla said:

the early levels feature few stations spaced far apart, but on the later levels it is quite possible to have many stations on screen at once and enemy fighters too.

there is an absolutely fabulous version of bosconian for the x68000 computer, the best version i've ever played. it had updated graphics and music, but they made the excellent decision to not change the game play at all 🙂

I know this is a necro post and that Bosconian has a nice homebrew port now, but I just discovered the Sharp x68000 port of this game and wanted to learn a little more about it, and your post is in the top few search results since it’s fairly obscure in the west. 

It is indeed an absolutely fabulous port of an old game and a great example of what can be done with old games on new hardware! 

• Like 1